The Art History category covers all types of art: painting, sculpture, architecture, etc. All time periods and movements are obviously covered as well.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Andres Blaisten Museum Masterpieces of Mexican Art from the XIX and XX Centuries from private collections.
- Lübeck's Dance of Death Dances of Death in Lübeck, Tallinn, Berlin and Denmark. Pictures, books and primary sources. Several books are reproduced.
- ARC International - The Art Renewal Center Offering biographical information and high-resolution images of many paintings from the great masters of the 19th century.
- Art History with Michelli The Art Browser divides categories of resources by time period and their movements.
- WebMuseum: Famous Paintings Offers images and historical context for artists and art movements ranging from Gothic and Renaissance to Impressionism and Pop.
- Delineavit et Sculpsit The Internet stepping stone for all those interested in Old Master prints and drawings: publications, events, links to the world's main print rooms, and the periodical Delineavit et Sculpsit.
- Christian Art and Artists from Late Medieval to Modern Examples illustrating the development of Christian art, from the Christian Traveler's Guides.
- Mexican Masks Collection of authentic danced masks from Mexico and Guatemala with discussions and comments on the art of collecting and other curious observations. Antique masks, patination techniques, insect infestation, techniques of collecting.
- Mona Lisa Images for a Modern World A site exploring the enduring fascination of the Mona Lisa, including history, parodies, homages and comments from site visitors.
- Art Historians' Guide to the Movies A record by Craig Eliason of appearances of and references to famous works of art and architecture in the movies, arranged by period.
- Art in the Picture.com Offers an introduction to visual art history. Famous artist's galleries and biographies, movements, major museums.
- Artists and Ancestors Exhibition of miniature portraits from XVIII - XX century, information about artists and sitters.
- Mark Harden's Artchive An art archive with thousands of images that are accessed through an alphabetical list of artist's names and art styles. Covers every style of art from ancient and African to impressionist and modern.
- Sister Wendy's American Collection From PBS - Sister Wendy Beckett, nun and art commentator, takes viewers on a tour through six of America's greatest art museums.
- Resources in Art History for Graduate Students This newsletter lists grants, fellowships, internships, conferences, publication and study abroad opportunities for graduate students in art history and closely related areas.
- The Getty Provenance Index Collects and disseminates information related to the history of collecting and the provenance of individual works of art.
- World Art Treasures Based on the Jacques-Edouard Berger collection of images of art objects and essays devoted to the main civilizations, such as Egypt, China, Japan, India, Europe.
About.com: Art History
Online community and resource guide for the artists and art periods of the past.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-05-31 13:06:50 CET (https://www.thoughtco.com/art-art-history-4132955)