Everything related to creating comics can be found here. Drawing, lettering, inking, coloring, scripting, storytelling, publishing, etc... . It also contains links to sites which describe how professional comic artists create their comics. It is supposed to be a list of useful links for those who are creating a part, or a complete comic.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Small Press Comics FAQ FAQ for self-publishing small press comics [minicomics].
- Polykarbon Tutorials on drawing males, females, mechs, effects and comics in general.
- Digital Prepress for Comics Information and sale of "Digital Prepress for Comic Books" by Kevin Tinsley. Also provides prepress and consulting services.
- Scott McDaniel Includes recommended books, drawing exercises, and tutorials on topics such as cover design, studio gear and perspective.
- Creating Comics Resource Site The resource source of information for comic writers, artists, letterers, and self-publishers.
- Tools for Comics Creators Tools for comic book creators, including the "Comic Ground" collaboration area, the Gutters and Closure mailing lists, and the FireBlade FreeForm.
- Blambot Comic fonts and lettering. Some of the fonts are free.
- Visual Reference for Comic Artists by Buddy Scalera A visual reference CD created by comic book writer Buddy Scalera
- Funnybone Studios Offers creative cartoon and promotional design for sales meetings, presentation and web sites. Broadcast toons and animations that move from storyboards to finished art that complete sales and tickle your funnybone.
- Hollywood Comics Agency assisting comic-book creators in selling and negotiating the rights to their properties and services.
- Blazedent Comic book writing, publishing, drawing, inking and coloring tutorials as well as message boards, and art galleries.
- The Center for Cartoon Studies The Center for Cartoon Studies offers a two-year course of study that centers on the creation and dissemination of comics, graphic novels and other manifestations of the visual narrative.
- Witzworx Comic book shareware font.
- Tribe: Comic Creators Invited A place for comic book creators (artists, inkers, writers, publishers, and others) to come and talk and make connections.
- Tribe: Comics Thought, Theory, and Practice A place for cartoonists and comic lovers everywhere to exchange ideas and thoughts on the art of sequencial art (comics).
- Balloon Tales Online guide to comic book lettering and production. Features tips and tricks, articles and newsletters.
- Tribe: Indie Comics A group for those DIY, non-superhero-type comics.
- Flickr: Selfmade comic Selfmade comics, made with paint program.
- Flickr: Personal Comic Strips Forum for posting your comics and getting feedback from others who draw/ create personal comics too.
- Flickr: The Comics Group A forum for comic creators to show off their skills.
- Flickr: Manga and Comic Creators This group focuses on the creation and promotion of comics and manga that you have created.
- Flickr: Photoshop Comics Pictures transformed to comic books.
- Flickr: Comix A forum to showcase and discuss your independent comic art.
- HumorQ This site hosts a daily cartoon caption contest where members maintain a score defining how funny they are. Members both judge and submit.
- Gag Cartoons Gregory Kogan's articles and tutorials for every aspect of cartoon illustration.
- WhizBang Comic Book Font A computer font for professional comics lettering. Available in Type2 and TTF. From Studio Daedalus.
- The Kubert School Offers correspondence courses and an online supply depot.
- Press Gang Publishers/ collective family style floating world comics study group.