The category is for poetry organizations. A poetry organization is comprised of a membership of more than one individual and exists to promote poets and poetry. It is further defined as: 1. Having a verifiable membership 2. Having a scheduled meeting or online forum for the poets to gather in. 3. Having a way for the poets to promote themselves and their work. 4. Offering activities that promote the art of poetry whether it be readings, an e-zine, books, workshops, festivals, or other related activities. (exceptions: websites that offer an e-zine or e-zine like format should post their sites in Arts/Literature/Poetry/Magazines and E-zines)
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Federation of Poets An online international organization dedicated to the promotion of poets, poetry and organizations. Burbank, California, United States.
- The Poetry Society Arts organization representing British poetry both nationally and internationally, with a mission to advance the study, use and enjoyment of poetry. Publications, advice, funding and education. London, United Kingdom.
- Friendly Street Poets Provides a supportive venue for live performance poetry. Also publishes collections of South Australian poetry. Adelaide, Australia.
- The Ontario Poetry Society Support and encouragement for all aspects of poetry including writing, performing and publishing. There are branches throughout Ontario, and auxiliary branches located in Edmonton, Alberta and Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada.
- Federal Poets Holds monthly meetings to read and discuss members' work and publishes a bi-annual anthology. Based in the Washington, DC. area.
- Utmost Christian Writers A nonprofit organization that offers support, encouragement and resources specific to poets, contests (many free of charge), market lists and instructional articles. Focus is on Christian poetry. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- The National Association for Poetry Therapy Information about poetry as therapy, the Poetry Therapy Foundation, membership, training and education, and informative publications. Based in Louisville, Colorado, United States, but membership is open to all those who wish to promote growth and healing through language, symbol and story.
- The Academy of American Poets An organization with a national membership in the United States, that supports American poets at all stages of their careers. Provides an information database on recognized contemporary poets, their educational and promotional programs, and events.
- The National Federation of State Poetry Societies The society works independently of, and with member state poetry societies to promote poetry and poets. The site provides information about state poetry societies, sponsored poetry competitions and its convention. United States.
- Mother's Hen Community-based organization established to promote the spoken word in the San Francisco Bay area through publications, open mikes and slams. San Francisco, California, United States.
- The Poetry Society of Virginia Encourages excellence in the writing and appreciation of poetry by sponsoring writing contests, reading contests, workshops, open readings and guest readers at meetings throughout the state. Virginia, United States.
- The Austin Poetry Society Austin affiliate of the Poetry Society of Texas and National Federation of State Poetry Societies. Contests, programs, newsletter and outreach information.
- Albany Poets, Inc. A not-for-profit organization whose goal is to promote the poets and poetry of upstate New York. Features mission statement, poet profiles, videos and store. Albany, New York, United States.
- Georgia Poetry Society Features membership, contest and events information, and member news, meeting schedules, publications details. Alpharetta, Georgia, United States.
- Oregon Poetry Association Welcomes all poets, regardless of publishing history, academic background, and writing experience. Portland, Oregon, United States.
- The Red Room Company Aims to create, produce and distribute poetry, by new and emerging Australian writers, to the public, in unusual ways. Sydney, Australia.
- The Kent and Sussex Poetry Society Information about the Society's open poetry competition, monthly poetry readings, workshops, retreats and other events. Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom.
- Australian Poetry Promotes and supports Australian poets and poetry. Includes board and staff details, programs, events, how to join, and resources. Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Poetry Ireland/Éigse Éireann The national organization for poetry in Ireland, serving all 32 counties. Contains staff list, news, and resources. Based in Dublin, Ireland.
- East Valley Poets A branch of the Arizona State Poetry Society in Tempe that welcomes poets of all ages. Dedicated to studying all forms of poetry and developing writing skills. Contains meeting details, news and activities. Tempe, Arizona, United States.
- Suffolk Poetry Society Offers numerous events, mostly in the county of Suffolk; an annual poetry competition, a postal portfolio group, in which members share and critique their poems. Includes membership information, poetry, books for sale and photographs. Suffolk, United Kingdom.
- Poetswednesday New Jersey poetry events, news, poetry and profiles. United States.
- Poetry Society of Texas Founded to promote public recognition of the art of poetry, and encourage writing of poetry by Texans. Offers outreach program, education and publication opportunities, fellowship and support to members. Contains information about membership, events, programs and contests, and list of member chapters in the state. Garland, Texas, United States.
- Poems and Pints at the Lorelei Meets at The Lorelei Hotel, Esplanade Avenue. Evenings are informal and all those with an interest in poetry are welcome to attend. Contains meeting information and directions. Porthcawl, Bridgend, United Kingdom.
- Dallas Poets Community An organization devoted to the craft, creation, and performance of poetry in North Texas. Information on events and membership. Dallas, Texas, United States.
- Poetry Society of Oklahoma To encourage members in knowledge, skill, writing and reading of poetry.
- Back Room Poets A membership society in Oxford, England, BRP holds workshops and open mic and guest readings.
- Howard County Poetry and Literature Society (HoCoPoLitSo) Community-based not-for-profit arts organization in Howard County, Maryland, that produces readings and other literary events for the general public, including students, seniors, and ethnic audiences.
- Montgomery County Poet Laureate Program The program promotes a sense of accomplishment and pride among students, artists, and citizens who compete for the position of Montgomery County Poet laureate. It benefits the county by building a long-term infrastructure for literary advancement. Hatfield, Pennsylvania, United States.
- UNESCO: 21 March - World Poetry Day The declaration of World Poetry Day, March 21. Documentary heritage information.
- Arizona State Poetry Society The ASPS strives to make poetry accessible to all through workshops and events for all ages. Mission, member benefits and branches details. Arizona, United States.
- Poetry Foundation Ghana Publisher of Poetry Ink, working to make poetry a major art form and to preserve poetry in all forms. Kumasi, Ghana.
- Inland Empire Poets A poetry workshop for poets serious about improving their craft. Contains information on meetings and the workshop process. Riverside, California, United States.
- Denton Poets' Assembly A non-profit, free, public organization that meets monthly to share poetry. Contains information on events, contests and blog. Denton, Texas, United States.
- Poetic Research Bureau A non-profit collective situated in the Glendale area of northeast Los Angeles. It hosts a reading series for visiting poets and writers. California, United States.
- The Sheppey and Sittingbourne Writer's Group Promoting the work of young and older poets. News of events, competitions, new writing and a meeting place for Swale writers. based on the Isle of Sheppey, Sheerness, United Kingdom.
- Gulf Coast Poets A chapter of the Poetry Society of Texas, meets monthly in Webster, Texas. Includes events, meeting handouts and membership details.
- The Ohio Poetry Association Originally the Verse Writers’ Guild of Ohio, supporter of Ohio Poetry Day. Chapters sponsor student poetry contests, including school competitions. Includes membership information and events. Columbus, Ohio, United States.
- Whatcom Poetry Series The Poet As Art program offers free readings featuring distinguished Pacific Northwest poets, workshops and a contest. Features board of directors list and how to donate. Bellingham, Washington, United States.
- Poetry Society of Oklahoma Mission is to encourage members in improving knowledge and skill in writing and reading of poetry. Site offers membership information, poetry contests and events. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States.
- Pennsylvania Poetry Society Recognition and better appreciation for poetry and to assist Pennsylvania poets in their craft.
- Connecticut Poetry Society Statewide membership association sponsors annual poetry contests, publishes a national journal and a members-only anthology, conducts critique groups, workshops, readings, and lectures. Based in West Hartford, Connecticut, United States.
- Olympia Poetry Network Nonprofit, charitable organization dedicated to increasing literary awareness and appreciation of poetry for those living at the south end of Puget Sound. Olympia, Washington, United States.
- PoeticWrites.org An educational nonprofit. Guild (tooling traditional poetics and beyond), Association (members' endeavors to general public), Fraternity (interpretation gatherings), and Foundation (poetic writes literacy honored).
- Alabama State Poetry Society Sponsors contests, guest readings, workshops and other activities.
- Massachusetts State Poetry Society Publishes a newsletter to keep members informed as to what is happening in the field of poetry.
- WyoPoets An organization of people who write poetry for publication and/ or as a hobby. Based in Wyoming, US.
- Illinois State Poetry Society Posting bimonthly editions of poetry written by members. All ISPS members are invited to submit a poem each two-month period.
- Poetry Society of Michigan Provides workshops, contests and opportunities to be published in two annual editions of their literary journal. Meetings are held twice each year.
- Poets' Roundtable of Arkansas Dedicated to the study of poetry. Encourages poets in the art and promotes an appreciation of poetry in the state of Arkansas.
- Indiana State Federation of Poetry Clubs A non-profit organization dedicated to the creative process and preservation of poetry.
- League of Minnesota Poets Five regional chapters for Minnesota poetry consciousness and poets.
- California State Poetry Society To promote poetry and art in California.
- New Mexico State Poetry Society An organization to foster the appreciation and creation of poetry throughout the State of New Mexico.
- Florida State Poets Association, Inc. Securing public recognition of the art of poetry. Providing opportunities and incentives for writing, reading and the enjoyment of poetry.
- Mississippi Poetry Society Fosters interest in poetry writing and provides an opportunity to recognize individual creative efforts through meetings, contests and festivals.
- Columbine Poets of Colorado, Inc. A poetry society to promote the writing and appreciation of poetry across Colorado.
- Utah State Poetry Society Contests, events and publications for state poets.
- Missouri State Poetry Society News, contests, workshops and local chapters.
- Louisiana State Poetry Society Contests, meetings, links and member chapters.
- Iowa Poetry Association A non-profit organization to promote interest in and appreciation for better poetry by Iowans.
- South Dakota State Poetry Society To encourage poets and poem reading in South Dakota.
- Kentucky State Poetry Society Supports poetry locally and regionally through adult and student poetry contests and the publication of a poetry journal.
- Maine Poets Society An organization of Maine writers actively engaged in creating, encouraging and sharing poetry
- The Poetry Society of Tennessee A statewide organization sponsoring contests, readings, workshops and other activities designed to help members and enhance the enjoyment of poetry. The Memphis chapter is also on this site.
Poetry Society of America
Non-profit organization devoted to fostering and promoting poetry. Contains membership details, mission statement and news. New York, New York, United States.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-01 10:56:06 CET (http://www.poetrysociety.org/psa/?)
Community Arts Partnership
Championing community arts, offering support and collaboration with community groups, schools, artists, arts centres and other organizations. Includes history, projects, news and events. Belfast, Northern Ireland.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-01 10:56:39 CET (https://www.capartscentre.com/)