Machinima is a portmanteau of machine cinema, it is both a collection of associated production techniques and a film genre defined by those techniques. As a production technique, the term concerns the rendering of computer-generated imagery (CGI) using real-time, interactive (usually game) 3D engines. Engines from first-person shooter and role-playing simulation video games are typically used. Consequently, the rendering is done in real-time using PCs (either using the computer of the creator or the viewer), rather than with complex 3D engines. As a film genre, the term refers to movies created by the techniques described above. Usually, machinima productions are produced using the tools (demo recording, camera angle, level editor, script editor, etc.) and resources (backgrounds, levels, characters, skins, etc.) available in a game. (Description adapted from Wikipedia).
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Machinima.com Includes downloads, news, articles, hosting of movies, and introductions to the format.
- ILL Clan Machinima A collective of 3D artists, filmmakers and improvisational comedians creating animated episodic shows using the process.
- Rooster Teeth Productions Producers of the series Red Vs Blue, The Strangehood and P.A.N.I.C.S.
- Machinimag PDF archives of articles from 2004 to 2005.
- Koinup Social network based around game screenshots and virtual stories.
- Strange Company Creators of Ozymandias and developers of several free production tools.
- Tales From Fiddler's Green Comedy video based on the Halo 3 game engine.
- Chiefmobile Productions Creators of the Zombiebusters comedy series. Member list, videos, and forum.
Weblog by filmmaker Ken Thain. Contains pointers to a selection of films on the web.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-01 13:21:24 CET (http://3dfilmmaker.com/index.html)
Creators of the Heretic series.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-01 13:21:30 CET (http://www.edgeworksent.com/tc/)