Interested in the art of live storytelling? There may be a group of storytellers and story listeners in your area. These groups may promote and encourage storytelling as an art form in itself, or in the process of developing self-esteem, cultural awareness, and/or literacy.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- LANES League for the Advancement of New England Storytelling Member directory, event listings, news letter, mailing list, festival and conference information. New England and Upstate New York
- StoryTellers of the American Frontier Program based in Atlanta, Georgia, for at-risk youth that build character through historical and cultural awareness. StoryTellers feature true stories of the African, Mexican and Native Americans who have been left out of the History books.
- Tejas Storytelling Association A non-profit organization that is dedicated to fostering the appreciation of storytelling of all facets through out the South Central Region.
- Jonesborough Storytellers Guild Monthly meetings and weekly performances by professional and amateur tellers. Member directory, audio recordings, event listings, and workshop information. Jonesborough, TN.
- New Zealand Guild of Storytellers Promoting storytelling and the oral literature of New Zealand. Regional listings of events and storytellers.
- SAC - Storytelling Association of California The Storytelling Association of California (SAAC) aims to be a regional voice for story listeners and storytellers.
- Connecticut Storytelling Center Annual festival, school programs, event calendar, membership directory, and newsletter. New London, Connecticut.
- Pioneer Valley Folklore Society Monthly song and story swap, Amherst, Massachusetts.
- National Storytelling Network The web page of the National Storytelling Network, with links to its Festival, organization, and resources.
- California Indian Storytelling Association Promoting the stories and culture of the indigenous people of the Americas. Membership information, events, festivals, and mailing list.
- Youth Storytelling Projects This site, run by Nationally known storyteller and teacher Kevin Cordi is the first national effort to enlist youth storytelling clubs and troupes for young kids of all ages. It includes advice, council, tips.
- Northlands Storytelling Network The largest regional storytelling organization in the United States, a community of storytellers and storylisteners throughout the upper Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin).
- Storytellers School of Toronto Supports creative work in the art of storytelling and the Toronto Storytelling Festival. Toronto, Canada.
- The North Carolina Storytelling Guild (NCSG) Providing storytelling events, continuing education opportunities and advocacy for the art of the oral tradition throughout the state of North Carolina.
- O.O.P.S! - The Ohio Order for the Preservation of Storytelling The networking agent and supporting organization for storytelling and storytellers in the State of Ohio. Holds annual Storytelling Conference, regional seminars and publishes a quarterly newsletter.
- Houston Storytellers Guild Promoting the art and craft of storytelling in the Houston, Texas, area through performances and workshops.
- Voices in the Glen Non-profit organization for lovers of storytelling in the Washington D.C. area that seeks to promote the art of storytelling and the enjoyment of stories.
- New Jersey Storytelling Network Storytelling events, shows and projects. Includes directory of storytellers in New Jersey.
- Spellbinders Organization training volunteer storytellers to connect generations and build community.
- Storytellers of Central Ohio For the members of the Storytellers of Central Ohio and all who love stories.
- The Ottawa Storytellers Promoting the art of storytelling in our community. The site lists events and resources for tellers and listeners. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Sandcastle Storytellers Sandcastle Storytellers, Inc. is a not for profit storytelling club. We tell all types of stories for all ages. Everyone is welcome to come to our public meetings. (Florida).
- Strawberry Fields Storytellers New Storytelling Guild in Miami Florida area.
- Rivertown Storytellers Promoting excellence in storytelling, increasing public awareness of storytelling as an art form and an educational tool. Evansville, Indiana.
- Interfaith Story Discussion group of the National Storytelling Network (USA), for storytellers and listeners who wish to share the wisdom tales/sacred stories from every spiritual tradition.
- Tale Tellers of St. Augustine, Florida Master Storytellers from the Nation's Oldest City perform at festivals, schools, libraries, and special events throughout Florida -- and beyond.
- The Storytellers' Guild of Anchorage Guild sponsors Tellabration! and other storytelling events -- with the aim of inviting Anchorage residents to take part in the worldwide resurgence of interest in storytelling. The guild meets once a month and is open to all storytellers and aspiring storytellers who wish to grow in the practice of this art.
- Storytelling Center, Inc. of New York City New York's premier storytelling organization, offering workshops, swaps and special events.
- National Association of Black Storytellers Information on festivals, memberships, storytellers, history, and workshops.
- Storytelling In Organizations A Special Interest Group of the National Storytelling Network. Membership and conference information, newsletter, and articles.
- Victoria Storytellers' Guild Meets the third Monday of every month to tell and listen to stories.
- Wisconsin Storytelling Guilds Find a storytelling guild in Wisconsin, courtesy of WIStory.org.
- Inland Valley Storytellers Includes member profiles and local events. Most activities in Claremont, California.
- Tellastory: Dallas Storytelling Guild The guild celebrates the art, craft, and traditions of storytelling and works to keep the oral tradition alive through educational and public programs. Our website supports this mission.
- Michigan Storytelling Up-to-date calendar and contact information of public storytelling events, courses, festivals and conferences featuring locations in Michigan or featuring Michigan storytellers.
- The Society for Storytelling Homepages for the UK Society for Storytelling, giving contact and membership details, publication and storytelling tapes lists, and society events.
- South Coast Storyteller's Guild Celebrating the oral tradition and developing student storytellers in Costa Mesa, California.
- West Virginia Storytelling Guild Supporting and promoting storytellers in West Virginia.
- Community Storytellers Community Storytellers is a Los Angeles area storyswap group that meets monthly.
- Kentucky Storytelling Association A non-profit membership organization whose mission is to develop on-going support and appreciation for storytelling in Kentucky.
- Detroit Storytelling Festival The Detroit Story League began meeting in 1912 and has held an annual festival since 1988.
- Storytelling Arts of Indiana Promotes the art and use of storytelling in daily life through concerts, workshops, programs and other events.
- Tarrant Area Guild of Storytellers Guild offering events and workshops in the Fort Worth TX area.
- Traditional Arts Team Runs events in the Midlands relating to traditional performing arts including storytelling, song, music and dance. Publishes the magazine, Folk Monthly.
- Keepers Of The Culture, Inc. ("Khotsi") Cultural arts organization perpetuating the African and African-American oral tradition. Member directory, meeting and event information, and photos. Philadelphia, PA.
- Storytellers Of Ireland - Aos Scéal Éireann - Two Shorten the Road Established in 2003 to promote and foster the oral tradition of Storytelling throughout Ireland.
- Network of Biblical Storytellers(NOBS) Global organization encourages oral, written, and electronic forms of passing on stories from the Bible.
- Bloomington (Indiana) Storytellers' Guild Monthly meetings to share stories and plan events. Site lists upcoming events, membership and contact information.
- Fireside Story League Volunteer storytelling league; includes photo gallery, event calendar, newsletter. Tacoma, Washington.
- World Storytelling Institute (WSI) Training in, performance of, and discussion about, forms of storytelling in Chennai, India. Host of the Chennai Storytelling Association (CSA) .
- Portland Storytellers' Guild Elevating the Art of Traditional Storytelling. Storyteller directory, upcoming events, newsletter. Portland, OR.
- Blether Tay-Gither, Dundee Storytelling Group Local charity and group of storytellers in Dundee, Scotland, who love sharing stories. Information about local storytelling events and workshops.
- Storytelling Guild of Eastern Idaho Promoting and providing storytelling in Eastern Idaho
- Story Circle of the Capital District A group of people who love stories. Find out about the storytelling guild and the storytelling events in the greater Albany, NY, US, area.
- Alabama Storytelling Association Statewide organization for people who love stories and storytelling, and a resource for educators, business and individuals to turn to for information about how to use story for their individual needs.
- The Storytelling Guild of Australia (WA) Inc. Celebrating the art and traditions of oral storytelling. Aims to be the definitive source of information regarding storytelling in Western Australia.
- Healing Story Alliance Network for storytellers, therapists, clergy, health care practitioners of all kinds, anyone who can see the benefit of story as a tool for healing. Stories, resources, articles, links. Special Interest Group of the National Storytelling Network.
- Lehigh Valley Storytelling Guild Monthly meeting for professional and amateur tellers, member directory, and event listings. Allentown/Bethlehem area, PA.
- The Scottish Storytelling Centre and Network Includes stories, events, festivals, tours, and John Knox House.
- Tennessee Tellers: The Cleveland Storytelling Guild Membership information, events calendar, local tellers list, and links. Cleveland, Tennessee.
- Wisconsin Storytelling Information and links to storytellers, guilds, and storytelling events in the Badger State.
- Southern Order of Storytellers Atlanta, Georgia, based group of storytellers and listeners bring storytelling and listening back to their traditional place in the human community. Events, resources, and links.
- Smoky Mountain Storytellers A local organization supporting storytelling and tellers around Knoxville, Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Story District Venue and organization promoting storytelling in the metropolitan Washington DC area.
"Wholistic Health, Education, and Empowerment for Life." Traditional and personal storytelling for children and adults, with the goals of building self-esteem, cultural pride, problem solving skills, and substance abuse prevention. Based in Evergreen, Colorado and Phoenix, Arizona.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-03 10:53:52 CET (http://www.wheelcouncil.org/)
Black Storytellers Alliance
Non-profit 501(c)3 organization of storytellers, educators and community supporters of the oral tradition as practiced by African people in the Diaspora.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-03 10:54:03 CET ()
Non-profit organization providing artists and programs for children and their families. Member directory, event calendar, program information and testimonials. Los Angeles, California.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-03 10:56:25 CET (http://dreamshapers.org/)