Copy editing involves checking written material for spelling, grammar, usage and style, as well as other issues, such as libel. It is more in-depth than proofreading and done earlier in the process, before the text is set to type.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Copyediting-L (CE-L) Copyediting List at Indiana University. A list for copy editors and other defenders of the English language. Listserv archives, information on how to join, FAQs, photo album, and resources.
- Association of Art Editors A national group whose members exchange information about editorial practices, standards, and job opportunities, both freelance and institutional.
- The Electric Editors Directory of links and an e-mail discussion list for editors.
- The Slot: A Spot for Copy Editors Overview of newspaper copy editing and style points from a Washington Post copy editor.
- How to Edit Your Own Writing Detailed 11-point self-editing checklist.
- Yahoo Groups: Copy Editors Discussion group for copy editors in journalism.
- National Fellowships for Copy Editors Information on midcareer fellowships, including lists of previous fellows and conference materials.
- EServer TC Library: Editing A collection of over 150 online resources about editing, indexing and copy editing, annotated and rated by professional writers.
- Copy-Editing Corner For copy editors to gather and discuss topics.
- e-Editor Blog UK-based guide to writing and editing better, with tips, training and practical help.
- A Capital Idea This copyediting blog covers grammar and newspapers like they're going out of style.
- Bay Area Editors Forum An association of in-house and freelance editors from a variety of publishing and publications settings. It helps employers and contractors find just the right editor. Also helps editors strengthen their skills, contacts, and awareness of professional opportunities.
- Society of Editors (NSW) A society of freelance and in-house editors working in a range of situations in book, journal and magazine publishing both print and electronic.
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders A professional organization based in the UK for editors and proofreaders. To promote high editorial standards.
- Copyediting Offers newsletter, job board, training resources and blog for copy editors.
- Testy Copy Editors Devoted to news editing. Phillip Blanchard is the founder and proprietor. He edits for hire.
- The John Bremner Editing Test Quiz with answer key from the legendary University of Kansas professor.
- The Subversive Copy Editor Advice for copyeditors on how to negotiate good relationships with writers and colleagues. Carol Fisher Saller is senior manuscript editor at the University of Chicago Press and editor of the Chicago Manual of Style's online Q&A.
- Writing Refinery Elisabeth Kauffman's freelance editor's blog about writing and editing fiction.
American Copy Editors Society
Focus on journalism. Membership, conference and contest information, as well as training, job and internship listings, discussion group and advice.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 01:54:15 CET (http://aceseditors.org/)