General organizations and associations for writers, listed by location. This Dmoz category focuses on regional organizations. List writing organizations by topic (Travel Writing, Mystery, etc.) before listing them here. For instance, "Canadian Travel Writers" should be in Non-Fiction/ Travel Writing not in Organizations/Canada.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Public Safety Writer’s Association Offers both new and experienced writers the chance to meet at an annual conference, network through the organization’s website and newsletter and compete in an annual writing competition.
- International Black Writers' and Artists Primarily oriented toward membership, but includes links, references, and newsletter.
- Association for Women in Communications Professional organization for women across all communications disciplines.
- PEN International A worldwide association, with a membership of prominent literary writers and editors. As a major voice of the literary community, the organization seeks to defend the freedom of expression wherever it may be threatened, and promote and encourage the recognition and reading of contemporary literature. Includes links to chapters internationally, charter, history and blog. London, United Kingdom.
- Fellowship of Authors and Artists To promote and encourage the use of writing and all art forms as a means of therapy and self-healing.
- The Latino Author Creating a resource for Latino authors.
- Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers and Storytellers An organization for Indigenous Native American and non-native writers, storytellers, filmmakers and journalists.
- The Military Writers Guild International network of service members, veterans, analysts, and writers dedicated to heightening discourse in the field of arms.
- Geneva Writers Group An international association of writers. Meetings are held monthly, from September to June at the Geneva Press Club, with a program of writing workshops, critiquing sessions, and master classes.