The Writers Resources / Playwriting category is for sites with resources and information about the art, craft and/ or business of playwriting.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Playwrights Guild of Canada Service organization for Canadian playwrights (formerly the Playwrights Union of Canada). Searchable online catalogue.
- Playwrights Atlantic Resource Centre Membership organization offering support services for Canadian Atlantic playwrights. PARC services include development, showcasing and promotion of work by regional playwrights. Membership is open to playwrights, theater companies, students and theatre lovers in the four Atlantic provinces of Canada.
- Playwrights' Development Centres of Canada A network to communicate and share ideas, speak more forcefully on behalf of organizations and the playwrights and engage in cooperative activities that contribute to the development of a more dynamic Canadian theatrical voice.
- Will Dunne Dramatic Writing Workshops Offers support for playwrights and screenwriters, including private consultations for dramatic writers anywhere in the world and an ongoing quarterly workshop program for dramatic writers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Playwrights' Center Minneapolis-based, The Playwrights' Center fuels the theater by providing services to support playwrights and playwriting.
- Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights Support and service organization dedicated to addressing the professional needs of the Los Angeles playwriting community.
- Write Angle Productions Devoted to supporting work of member playwrights and developing new scripts for production. Includes ongoing Ten Minute Play contest. Denver, Colorado.
- The Playwrights' Center of San Francisco A service for playwrights, showing the schedule of staged readings of new plays.
- NYCPlaywrights A nonprofit organization for writers. Meets Wednesdays in NYC for play readings as an aid to development. New writers welcome.
- Project Writers Unite Bay Area writers club. Welcomes writers from all creative writing mediums, including playwrights.
- Playwrights Foundation West Coast Center for new play development - resources for playwrights and annual Bay Area Playwrights Festival.
- Philadelphia Young Playwrights An intensive arts- education program that pairs a professional teaching artist with a classroom teacher. The two work together as an artistic team, guiding and supporting students in the process of writing a play.
- Boston Playwrights' Theatre Award-winning professional theatre, founded in 1981 to promote new plays. Home to the Boston University Graduate Playwriting Program, and producers of the Boston Theater Marathon.
- Playwriting 101 A playwriting tutorial written by playwright and screenwriter Jon Dorf.
- Young Playwrights 101 A free resource site for young playwrights and those who teach them. Also, information about Young Playwrights 101, a complete playwriting curriculum in an e-book. Site from Jonathan Dorf.
- Ohio University MFA Playwriting Information about the Master of Fine Arts Degree Program in Playwriting at Ohio University.
- PDC: The Philadelphia Dramatists Center PDC is a community of playwrights, collaborating artists, and audience members dedicated to the creation and nurture of new works for live performance.
- Ashland New Plays Festival A nonprofit organization that encourages playwrights through public readings. Also offers discussions and workshops. Ashland, OR.
- Resources for Teaching Playwriting Compiled by Adam Russell Annotated bibliography of recommended texts.
- International Centre for Women Playwrights To support women playwrights around the world.
- The Dramatists Guild of America Professional association of American playwrights. The Guild protects the rights of dramatists in relation to producers and more recently Directors.
- NY Play Development Lab Serves and supports member playwrights in the creation of new stage works. Offers script labs, readings, and promotion.
- Swan Playwrights The theatre writers' group at Worcester Swan Theatre, UK.
- Wrightofplay A rest-stop for aspiring playwrights. Tips, tricks, and techniques. From D.P. O'Sullivan.
- Working Title Playwrights WTP is all-inclusive, welcoming the novice and the pro. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, with programming that suits all levels of playwright accomplishment.
- Writing for Theatre Important and practical insights into the art and craft of writing for stage. Site by John Summons.