Resources for novice to professional screenwriters. Not a business listing, see Business/Industries/Publishing/Services.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Writers Store eZine A free, bi-weekly newsletter with articles, advice columns, screenwriting news from recognized Industry authors and educators.
- WriteMovies.com For screenwriters and playwrights. Offers a writing contest, a collection of produced studio and indie scripts, writer mentoring, script consulting and possible free pitch to agencies and production companies, and "The Confidential Studio Manual".
- Script Magazine Screenwriter's resources, chats, script writing articles, online classes, screenplay links, supplies, and screenplay competition.
- Diary of a Second City Sketch Writer's Show Jerry M. Krull's diary of putting together a sketch comedy show. His personal experience with The Second City Comedy Writing program in Chicago, IL. Writing and audition tips.
- Hollywood Scriptwriter The entertainment industry's trade paper specifically written for screenwriters. Subscription information available.
- The Thinking Writer Non-commercial website includes how-to columns, recommended reading, a creative word list, and links to daily entertainment news, current script sales, online screenplay repositories, and other screenwriter's resources.
- MovieBytes.com Features a database of screenwriting contests, script sales, literary agencies, film producers, and publishes an email newsletter.
- Creative Screenwriting Magazine Selected articles from the publication, available online.
- BlackScreenplays.com A resource site on writing screenplays about the African-American community.
- Screenwriters at Scriptmania Links to entertainment news, film festivals, screenwriting competitions, and software.
- BBC Online - The Writers' Room Learn how to write for and submit scripts to the BBC.
- Story Notes Newsletter A free newsletter devoted to the craft of screenwriting, by Jeff Newman. New articles monthly, plus access to back issues on site.
- Comedy Screenplays Free forum for screenwriters who specialize in writing feature length comedies.
- Script Tips Weekly email newsletter sent by working writer with BBC Radio and theater credits. Gives tips for individuals working on stage, TV, or radio scripts.
- All About Screenwriting Information such as plot structure, agents and clubs. Also includes several screenplays.
- ScriptFLY Spec market listings and articles for writers.
- Screenwriter's Corner Companion to Syd Field's official site offers free email, forums, chat rooms, tips, tutorials and online screenwriting classes.
- Screenwriters Daily Contains movie reviews, addresses for production companies, chat, and forums.
- Screenwriting Secrets Offers free eBook with tips and strategies for aspiring screenwriters.
- Screenwriting.info Step by step guide from the mechanics of writing to style.
- Scriptwriting Secrets Hypertexted writing guide covering the elements of a script, advanced formatting and what to do with a finished script.
- Inktip Every week, up to eight screenwriters sell or option their scripts on our site. Sell your script. Get your screenplay seen by producers, production companies and literary agents.
- Syd Field Offers free email, message forums and chat rooms.
- Hollywood Dreams Story of hope and faith and trying to sell a screenplay by Canadian writer Beverley Wood.
- The Script Vault UK based script service.
- Complications Ensue The craft of writing for games, TV and movies, by a working writer, Alex Epstein.
- Scriptologist.com An instructional Web site, provides step-by-step instructional advice about the art and business of screenwriting.
- Screenwriters Federation of America A professional portal for working and aspiring screenwriters globally.
- CineStory National non-profit screenwriter's organization that helps emerging screenwriters hone their craft and find alternative access to the screen.
- Scriptwriters.biz Script chart compiling screenwriting formulas, superimposed on the three act structure.
- Wordplayer Forum run by working screenwriters Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio.
- Screenwriting Help for Beginners Screenwriting tricks, tips, information and resources for screenwriters starting out.
- Done Deal Resources for script sales in Hollywood, along with interviews, advice, and contact information for agencies and production companies.
- Screenwriting Offers resources and tips for writing and formatting a screenplay and improve script writing skills.
- TV Writer Larry Brody's guide to writing for TV.
- Big Think - Interview with Script Guru Robert Mckee An exclusive interview with screenwriting guru Robert Mckee in video.
- Canadian Screenwriter Magazine Industry magazine published quarterly, with selected articles available on the site. Digital copy available free with password given on the site.
- alt.screenwriters Terry Borst began writing under the alt.screenwriters column banner in 1996. Occasional posts continue to discuss the collision of contemporary screenwriting and media convergence.
- Salon - Schmucks With Underwoods Article about screenwriting from Laura Miller.
- Cracking Yarns Allen Palmer's site with screenwriting tips and courses.
- The Lonely Keyboard Real advice from working professionals on the art, craft, and business of screenwriting.
- Scriptwriter's Life The advice-on-a-page diagram created by writers, for writers.
- Screenwriting Goldmine Blog Blog written by professional British screenwriter, giving insight into working in the industry, free screenwriting tips, and a detailed step by step screenwriting training package.
- Screenplay Wire Parody for new scriptwriters on writing tips and how to sell or "pitch" a screenplay.
- Where's the Drama? Explores mediunistic, character-based dramatic storytelling for the big and small screen. Hosted by script doctor, Billy Marshall Stoneking.
- Scriptwrights An independent member-run screenplay development group that concentrates on commercially viable screenplays. Founded in March 2004, membership is limited to 16 professional level writers.
- The Script Lab A screenwriting news and screenplay educational magazine. Guiding writers from script development through to sale and production.
- Scriptfirm A practical site on the technique and business of screenwriting to help improve your scripts and boost your career.
- Film Script Writing A site full of tricks and tips to help the film script writer.
- The Green Light Interviews with industry professionals. Articles about screenwriting. Story structure and worksheet downloads.
- ScreenplayFest Philadelphia A free writer's community: upload ideas, and scripts, share feedback with other writers, meet new friends. They also have a script contest.
- Script Gang Online magazine for screen writers. Story board plot lines, write scripts formatted to the Hollywood standard and network with other writers.
- Your No Budget Screenplay A blog site designed by a low budget film maker to show in the form of simple post what is meant by the terms low and or no budget screenplays.
- How To Write Film Scripts & Screenplays Larry A. Jaggard, How to write film scripts, screenplays and movie treatments for review.
- What a Script Learn the screenwriting craft from experts and characters of screenplays while having fun.
- LA Screenwriter Screenwriting tools, resources, and advice for established and novice writers alike
- Screenplay Europe News about movie scripts from a European perspective, focusing on releases, quotes and prizes.
- The Single Screenwriter Screenwriting advice, humor, and news from the trenches.
- Legion of Decency The business of screenwriting by Jim Henshaw in Ontario, Canada.
- Travel Day Jim Makichuk,in film and television for well over thirty years: soundman, news cameraman,commercial writer, director, producer and screenwriter.
- Screenwriting News - The 10-Page Torture Test Screenwriting related posts.
Our Pitch Sessions to Star Trek
Behind the walls at Deep Space Nine and Voyager Pitches. Real insight into how the pitch process works.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 02:44:57 CET (http://tjulian.tripod.com)
The Television Writers Vault
Project database used by writers, creators, and producers to pitch and sell original show ideas, scripts, and properties for development and production in all genres of televised entertainment.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 02:45:20 CET (https://www.tvwritersvault.com/index.asp)
Creative COW Screenwriting Articles
A selection of articles about screen writing by Rob Gregory-Browne.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 02:45:23 CET (https://library.creativecow.net/articles/screenwriting.html)