The Aerospace and Defense category comprises industries and establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following:
- Development, manufacture, and distribution of civil and military aircraft, missiles, space vehicles, military equipment, and the auxiliary equipment, parts and supplies.
- Development, manufacture, and distribution of aerospace engines, propulsion units, and auxiliary equipment or parts.
- Development and production of aerospace and military product prototypes.
- Aircraft conversion (i.e., major modifications to systems).
- Complete aircraft or propulsion systems overhaul and rebuilding (i.e., periodic restoration of aircraft to original design specifications).
- Services that specifically support these industries (e.g., consulting, marketing, associations, etc.).
In general, the aerospace industry is engaged in the research, development, and manufacture of flight vehicles, ranging from unpowered gliders, sailplanes and lighter-than-air craft up though space vehicles. The term aerospace is derived from the words aeronautics and spaceflight.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Navirnet Specializing in the air and naval market.
- Lockheed Martin Research, design, development, manufacture and integration of advanced technology systems, products and services. Specialties include aeronautics, electronic systems, and space systems.
- Thales Group A major electronic systems company acting in areas such as defence, aerospace, airlines security and safety, information technology, and transportation services.
- Boeing Company Products and services in the fields of commercial airlines, air traffic management, and integrated defense systems. Also solid-state electronics development for commercial, defense and space applications.
- Topix: Aerospace and Defense Headline links from media sources worldwide on aerospace and defense industries subjects.
- Moog, Inc. Manufacturer of precision control components and systems for aircraft, space and industrial applications. Includes product information and customer support.
- Textron, Inc. Diversified manufacturer with interests in aircraft, industrial and automotive products, fastening systems and finance. ( NYSE: TXT )
- American Plaque Company Manufacturer of plaques and nameplates for the U.S. Military, local, state and national government organizations.
Development, delivery and support of advanced defence and aerospace systems, including manufacturing military aircraft, surface ships, submarines, fighting vehicles, radar, avionics, communications, electronics and guided weapon systems.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 04:26:31 CET (http://www.baesystems.com/en/home)