Biotechnology refers to the use of cellular and molecular processes in drug discovery and manufacturing, research, and biologically engineered food production.
Pharmaceuticals include over-the-counter and prescription medications, vitamins and nutritional supplements. The term also covers drug delivery systems and diagnostic compounds.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Biogemma Specializing in the development of new tools contributing to the improvement of the agronomic performance and end use quality of field crops.
- BioCentury A newsletter for biotech managers covering corporate strategy and management questions.
- BioTactics Reference Web Tips, techniques, and links for marketing and business development professionals in Biotech and related markets, plus career management and networking tools.
- International Biotechnology Trust (IBT) The UK's first approved investment trust dedicated to the biotechnology sector. It offers investors the means to invest in a carefully selected and diversified portfolio of biotechnology companies. As part of its investment policy, IBT provides strategic and scientific support to the companies in which it invests.
- Knowledge Express Data Systems Online information service for professionals in the bio-pharma and high-tech arenas.
- biogeek.com Biology clip art and presentation templates.
- Research Point Corporation Online resource and information tools for the scientific and pharmaceutical communities.
- BioTech Navigator Investment Newsletter Monthly newsletter providing analysis, interpretation, news, and commentary relating to biotechnology industry developments for investing in biotechnology and/or medical stocks.
- Amgen Human therapeutics company in the biotechnology industry.
- AMP-Lab Provides marine natural products for drug discovery, a screening system for angiogenetic effectors, artificial media for cells and physiological characterization of recombinant enzymes and transgenic animals.
- Biocon, Ltd. A global healthcare company, focusing on unmet medical needs in cancer, diabetes and inflammatory diseases.
- Biopract GmbH Microbial preparations, soil remediation and water depollution.
- BioSeek Inc. Develops high throughput biological systems for the validation and development of novel human therapeutics.
- Ceapro, Inc. The company utilizes core technologies for the separation and formulation of natural extracts to benefit human and animal health.
- Chiron Corporation Participates in therapeutics, blood testing and vaccines. Conducts research and development in the fields of recombinant technology, gene therapy, vaccines, small molecule discovery, and genomics.
- Chronix Biomedical Identifies sentinel nucleic acid expression profiles for use in developing assays associated with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of chronic diseases and catastrophic illnesses. Includes company history, staff and a list of current research projects.
- Cytos Biotechnology AG Creates new technologies and products for broad markets by innovations in the biomedical sciences.
- Enzymatic Deinking Technologies, LLC (EDT) Focused on commercializing enzyme-based and other new technologies for the pulp and paper industry.
- Innovative Research, Inc. Provides researchers worldwide with high quality human and animal plasma for research use.
- Integrin Advanced Biosystems Marine biotechnology company focused on three areas: research, technology transfer and scientific services.
- LifeSensors Inc. - Cell Based Biosensors Utilizes innovations in human gene transcription technology to develop advanced ultrasensitive, high-throughput, cell-based biosensors.
- MaxCyte Develops targeted drugs and non-viral gene delivery systems. Also, specialized in enhanced oxygen to cells treatments.
- Morphotek, Inc. Uses morphogenics to expedite the evolutions of organisms, such as plants and yeast, to obtain commercially useful output traits.
- MWG Biotech Products and services include molecular biology instruments, DNA sequencing, oligos, microarrays, and bioinformatics.
- Novartis A global healthcare company based in Switzerland, providing solutions to address evolving needs of patients worldwide.
- Novozymes.com Creates bio-industrial products by using enzymes for such things as waste water cleanup, house cleaners and lawn maintenance. Provides contact information.
- Pepscan Systems Focused on the use of the knowledge of molecular recognition.
- Phage Biotech, Ltd. Presents a valid biological solution to the chemical antibiotics crisis.
- Prometic - Life Science, Inc. A publicly traded (TSX: PLI, OTCQX: PFSCF) biopharmaceutical company specializing in bioseparation, plasma-derived therapeutics and small-molecule drug development. Offers technologies for large-scale purification of biologics, drug development, proteomics and the elimination of pathogens.
- Protéus Discovers biomolecules for large global markets.
- PTC Therapeutics Focused on the discovery and commercialization of orally active small molecule therapeutics for human diseases.
- Sigris Research, Inc. Utilizes biomagnetic mixing and bioseparation technology to isolate and extract genomic DNA, mRNA, and cell proteins.
- Synergene Biotech GmbH Offers DNA sequencing services for the life science community. Details of services offered, current projects and company news.
- BioPartners Specializes in accelerating the development and commercialization of high quality recombinant biopharmaceutical products through partnering and outsourcing.
- Cuban Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Offers assistance to commercialize Cuban biotechnology. Research profile, news and links to other Cuban biotechnology sites.
- Biotium,Inc. Develops and manufactures fluorescent reagents and other specialty biochemicals. Detailed product descriptions, online ordering and distributor information.
- Arcadia Biosciences Develops genetically modified food crops for increased efficiency and reduced environmental impact. List of key projects.
- Nexgen Biotech Develops and commercializes new recombinant proteins from transgenic plants.
- Alfamedic Ltd Importers and distributors of animal health products, health foods, disinfectants and household insecticides. Includes company profile and product database. Hong Kong.
- Conference: Bioforum Held in Milan, Italy, on 28-29 September 2005. Covers research, development, production, promotion and marketing, with details of participants and associated exhibition. [English and Italian]
- BioSpace Up-to-date industry news, stock quotes, company information, job postings and industry resources for all publicly traded biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- Benitec Offers gene silencing platform technology. Including description of RNA interference, resources page and details of commercial licensing opportunities.
- Biotech Industry News - Topix News on the biotech industry continually updated from thousands of sources around the net.
- Topix: Biotech News about the biotechnology industry, collected from various sources on the web..
- Phage International Inc. Manufacturers of a biological alternative to antibiotics. Explains the mechanism of action and provides company details and consumer information. Headquarters in San Ramon, California.
- Genotypic Technology Pvt.Ltd. Solutions for drug discovery and research and development for pharma, genomics and biotechnology companies. Details of services and current research projects.
- Dyadic International, Inc Develops biological products such as proteins, enzymes, polypeptides and small molecules for applications in large segments of the agricultural, industrial, chemical and biopharmaceutical industries.
- PerkinElmer, Inc. Technology, services and solutions for applications such as environmental monitoring, food safety, clinical diagnostics and biomedical research.
- Vericel Corporation Develops proprietary process technologies and devices for cell therapy applications, including stem cell therapies and gene therapy. (Nasdaq: ASTM).
Focused on developing diagnostic tests for prion diseases, and other neurological disorders.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 17:53:19 CET (http://www.thermofisher.com/us/en/home/industrial/animal-health.html)
Offers products for the health care, agriculture and industrial chemicals markets. Includes outline of expertise, and facilities for production, administration, research and development in four continents.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 17:55:34 CET (http://biosciences.dupont.com/)
Precision Therapeutics, Inc.
Focusing on the interaction of cultivated tumor cells with chemotherapy and immunology-based drugs.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-04 17:55:42 CET (http://www.helomics.com)