Economics has been described as " the branch of social science that deals with the production and distribution and consumption of goods and services and their management" ( http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/ ). In this case the "goods and services" are those of healthcare.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health Independent, not-for-profit organization providing unbiased, reliable information about health technologies.
- The Rand Organisation Seminal information about health care in the USA and its financing. The Rand organisation is concerned with a wide range of Health Economics Research.
- Office of Health Economics The Office of Health Economics aims to commission and undertake research on the economics of health, collect and analyse health and health care data from the United Kingdom and other countries and disseminate the results.
- International Health Economics Association iHEA has been formed to increase communication among health economists, foster a higher standard of debate in the application of economics to health and health care systems.
- Health Affairs Health policy journal publishing original, peer-reviewed research and commentary.
- Diabetes Health Economics Group Seeks to enhance communication about economic issues in diabetes care, and establish collaborative efforts in the reporting and dissemination of related economics research.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Evidence-based guidance, advice and information services for health, public health and social care professionals.
- Centre For Medical Technology Assessment at Lindkoping University The organisations objective is to carry out assessment studies of medical technologies from the medical, social, economic and ethical points of view.
- Nordic Cochrane Centre The Nordic Cochrane Centre is part of The Cochrane Collaboration, an international network of individuals and institutions committed to preparing, maintaining, and disseminating systematic reviews of the effects of health care.
- NHS Centre For Reviews and Dissemination Information on how to undertake systematic reviews, together with databases of review appraisals.
- StatNotes: Online Textbook in Statistics Good information for Health Economists on different methods of qualitative regression techniques, including multinomial dependent variable methods.
- Journal of Health Economics Full text now available of this very influential health economics journal.
- Health Reform Online Home The World Bank's online resource center on health sector reform efforts around the world.