- There is no consensus of the definition of the term "management information system". Some writers prefer alternative terminology such as "information processing system", "information and decision system", "organizational information system", or simply "information system" to refer to the computer-based information processing system which supports the operations, management, and decision-making functions of an organization [...].
A definition of a management information system, as the term is generally understood, is an integrated, user-machine system for providing information to support operations, management, and decision-making functions in an organization. The system utilizes computer hardware and software; manual procedures; models for analysis planning, control and decision making; and a database. [...]
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- IRMA -- Information Resources Management Association A not-for-profit, vendor-independent, international professional organization dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information resources management in modern organizations.
- SIM -- The Society for Information Management The international meeting place for IT executives around the world.
- Business Forms Management Association Forms central for the global forms and information systems community
- Auldenfire Group Enterprise Systems Architecture Laboratory providing resources to organizations interested in applying architectural frameworks. Services offered include consulting, education, and curriculum development.
- MIS Faculty Offer Survey Maintained by Dennis Galletta.
- The bitter Network Administrator A website dedicated to IT Professional and some not so Professional.
- Extended DISC Dominance, influence, submissive and compliance profiling tool for personnel management.
- The Index of Information Systems Journals The aim of this publication is to provide basic information about, and links to, either paper or electronic journal web sites, particularly, to provide links to their instructions to author's information
- Object Technology Curriculum Issues Below are responses received with regard to the four original questions of the survey on current status and future directions of OO curricula in schools of business. By Dr. Richard A. Johnson.
- Midwest Association for Information Systems (MWAIS) The Midwest Association for Information (MWAIS) serves Association for Information Systems (AIS) members across the Midwest United States. MWAIS serves the needs of Information Technology thought leaders in the U.S. Heartland.
- IT Quality Management Solutions itQMS provides solutions to help IT organization improve its processes, minimize system disturbances, reduce over-capacity and the total cost of ownership, while increasing overall availability and improving user and customer satisfaction.
- CXO Advisor Helping executives improve their management of Information Technology.
- Information Management Research Website contains great information to enlighten users about various topics on Information Management in general and MIS in particular.
- Integrated Information Systems and Their Impact on the Work of Managers Discusses models of the impact of Information Systems on the work of managers. Links to case study material from eight companies.
AIS -- Association for Information Systems
is a professional organization whose purpose is to serve as the premier global organization for academicians specializing in Information Systems.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-07 17:29:25 CET (http://aisnet.org/?)
IFIP -- International Federation for Information Processing
a non-governmental, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-07 17:29:31 CET (http://www.ifip.org)
Operations management enterprise software focused on the utilities and engineering industries. Demos, brochures, events, and product information.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-07 17:29:40 CET (https://www.intellect.com/)
Janco Associates, Inc.: Mid-Year IT Salary Survey
http://www.e-janco.com/Salary.htm Draws on data collected throughout the year by internet-based and completed survey forms sent to businesses in Southern California as well as throughout the United States and Canada.
Unlinked due to HTTP 303 detected on 2017-06-07 17:29:55 CET