A literary agent is someone who sells rights (usually book publication rights - but increasingly, other rights too - such as film rights, television rights, electronic rights) in work created by writers. Not all writers need a literary agent. However, many major publishers and virtually all film studios or production companies prefer that submissions (manuscripts or screenplays sent to them for consideration) should come via an agent. Having a good agent will increase - but not guarantee - your chances of getting published. A good agent will also negotiate a satisfactory contract on your behalf, ensure that you're paid on time, and do a hundred and one other things that writers need doing.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Jordans Text Germany based literary agency, also provides editing and translations.
- Azure Literary Agency Azure represent writers in fiction, non-fiction, film and television. No reading fee. Birmingham, England.
- Elizabeth Puttick Literary Agency London-based agency representing authors for nonfiction (including self-help, spirituality, health, science, history, business, women's issues)
- Curtis Brown Representing authors, playwrights, film and television writers and directors, theatre directors and designers, television and radio presenters and actors. UK based.
- The Wylie Agency An international literary agency with offices in London and New York.
- Antony Harwood Ltd International literary agency representing authors of fiction and non-fiction. Oxford, UK.
- Nabu International Literary Agency Founded by Silvia Brunelli, representing many internationally renowned publishers over the years.
- Mercedes Ros Literary Agency The agency specializes in: Children's fiction and non-fiction, albums, board books, religion, games and crafts. For adults: crafts, hobbies, sports, parenting and self help. Located in Spain.
- Nordin Agency Represent Swedish authors and their works worldwide.
- Mary Cunnane Literary Agency Representing Australian authors, nationally and internationally. Adult fiction and non-fiction.
- Christopher Little Literary Agency Represents non-fiction and children's and adult fiction. Includes client list and agency and contact information. Located in London, England.
- Caroline Sheldon Literary Agency Represents illustrators and published and debut authors. Include company information, submission guidelines, and agent list. Located in London, England.
- Graham Maw Christie Literary Agency Specialises in general non-fiction, including business, humour, health, and popular culture. Located in London, England.
- Sheila Ableman Literary Agency Represents non-fiction works, including history, science, biography and autobiography, with a particular interest in ghost-writing and TV tie-ins. Located in London, England.
- P.S. Literary Agency Represent fiction and non-fiction works, including young adult, literary, history, and gambling. Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Creative Media Management Technical and literary agency representing above and below the line creatives in film, television, and theatre. London, UK.
- Redhammer Management Represents mostly fiction. Members of the Association of Author's Agents. Website includes client list and company information. Based in London, UK.
- United Agents Represents novelists, biographers, historians, and specialist writers. London, UK.
- Salomonsson Agency Based in Stockholm, Sweden, focusing on literary fiction, crime fiction and children's fiction. Brief presentations of authors and novels.
- Transatlantic Literary Agency, Inc. Currently represents adult and children's authors, and illustrators, across Canada and the USA.
- Bookseeker Literary Agency A small literary agency, based in Scotland, representing writers of poetry, fiction, and other work.
- Spark for Writers Writer, editor, coach and mentor. Based near Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Grand Agency A literary agency representing authors from Sweden and other Scandinavian countries.
- Jane Turnbull Offers authors of fiction and non-fiction professional representation. Cornwall, UK.
- Eulama International Literary Agency Fiction and non-fiction, commercial and literary. Focus is on authors and publishers with international appeal, selling rights worldwide. Rome, Italy.
- Andrew Nurnberg Associates Representing international authors and leading UK and US agents and publishers. Based in London, UK.
- The Ella Sher Literary Agency Manages foreign rights for Spanish and international publishing houses and represents authors for all languages. Barcelona, Spain.
- Eddison Pearson Literary Agency A London-based literary agency, mainly of children's and young adult fiction.
- Peony Literary Agency A Hong Kong based agency with clients in all parts of Asia.
- Mediana - Russian Literary Agency A literary, film and TV rights agency established in St.Petersburg, Russia. The company works with English and non-English content.
- RAYA A Lebanon based literary agency, specialized in the representation of world rights of translation and adaptation of Arabic works.
- Coombs Moylett Maclean London-based literary agency. Particularly interested in crime and thrillers, commercial women’s fiction, historical fiction and literary fiction.
- Tibor Jones Literary agency and arts consultancy. London, UK.
- SMA Talent London, UK based film and TV composer management agency. Composers, directors and screenwriters.
- Feature World Publicist and media agent placing real life stories in UK press - newspapers, magazines and television.
- J. A. Weber Literaturagentur GmbH A literary agency for authors. Based in Germany.
- Hardy & Knox A literary consultancy that offers professional advice on how to get published. London, UK.
Provides general advice on the publishing process, reading and editorial assessment of manuscripts. London, UK. Literary consultancy.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-08 01:50:39 CET (/uk/)
Front Page Agency
Agency specialising in selling true-life stories to UK women’s magazines. Offers testimonials and information on how to submit a story for possible publication.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-08 01:51:08 CET (http://www.frontpageagency.co.uk/en/)