Wireless has many definitions and subsets. 1. It is the fixed point-to-point signal transmissions that occur through the air over a terrestrial microwave platform which does not require satellite feeds or local phone service. 2. It can also be signal transmissions between cellular phones, PDA's, and other mobile devices.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Airspan Networks Inc. Provides wireless local loop systems and solutions.
- Wi-Fi Planet Provides wireless news, tutorials, reviews and insights.
- Wireless Networks Online Information on standards, regulations and technical innovations shaping the industry.
- Wireless Calculators Offers calculators for wireless situations including Fresnel zones, free space loss and power budget.
- Hassan Zeino Wireless Links Wireless Networking Links: Wireless LANs, Broadband Wireless Access, Cellular, Protocols.
- LMSC, LAN/MAN Standards Committee Information about the IEEE 802 standards and the committee who creates them.
- Wireless Links A collection of wireless links.
- DECT Web News information and comment on the Digital Enhanced Cordless Technologies standard.
- Wireless Developer Network An information resource for developers and managers interested in mobile computing and wireless data applications.
- WiredCEO The executive's gateway to the wireless web. Customizable news, stocks, and information for surfing wirelessly.
- IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access Global, open standard for Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks.
- Locust World Wireless research site, providing free technology accelerators for wifi community networking and mobile data projects. From handheld mesh videophones to backpack mounted webservers.
- Wireless networking with a PowerBook 1400 Step-by-step tutorial on putting an old Apple PowerBook online with 802.11b/Wi-Fi/AirPort wireless networking.
- Applied Network Research Information on this non-commercial, prototype, high-performance, wide-area, wireless network in San Diego.
- Wireless Forums Forum for wireless discussion and support. Includes topics such as networking, hardware, VOIP and IPv6.
- Wireless Networking and Mobile IP References Wireless Networking and Mobile IP References
- Skifactz Wifi Tutorials Various open source router modifications, WiFi antennas and other wireless networking devices.
- DIY Wireless Networking Contains tutorials about setting up and maintaining wireless networks and networking gear.
- Airport Wi-Fi Guide Offers a guide to Wi-Fi access facilities at airports in the US and around the world.
- DIY Wireless Link Offers an overview of how to create a point to point wireless link, allowing two geographically separate locations to be connected by wireless and share network resources.
- Mobile Tech Today News and information about wireless computing and mobile technology.
- OLSR An adhoc wireless mesh routing daemon. Includes tutorials, mailing list and development news.
HowStuffWorks: How Wireless Networking Works
Illustrated unbiased tutorial describes the advantages and disadvantages of using a wireless network.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-08 22:22:34 CET (http://computer.howstuffworks.com/wireless-network.htm)
Linux and Wireless LANs
Information on wireless networking with Linux. Includes detailed howtos, hardware support lists and links to the various pieces of software needed.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-08 22:22:36 CET (http://www.labs.hpe.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux)
Scientific American: Wireless Data Blaster
Article about the history of radio and wireless communications, including 802.11.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-08 22:23:18 CET (/article/wireless-data-blaster/)