Cloud Computing is the deployment of various technologies on demand for the delivery of computing resources typically over the Internet. The architecture of cloud computing involves one or more real servers, generally in architecture with high reliability and physically located at the data center of the service provider. In case of Infrastructure as a Service, the customer uses the provided interface to select the service on request (such as a complete virtual server or storage) and administer (including configuration of building a server, deletion, partitioning). The physical characteristics of the implementation (real server, the location of the data center ) are irrelevant. For Platform as a Service, the customer can login an select solutions to launch an instance which are most commonly used, which can be a content management system like Joomla! or a server instance for deploying custom application for a specific server side programming language without the actual need of manually installing the needed components through command line interface. It however decreases the control of the user as the user can not directly run commands through SSH which demands to be the root user privilege (like installing Ruby Gems with sudo command). Depending on the service provider, the user can however pull a git or wget or curl the resource and use make command. The frontend application's webroot is usually not the default webroot, for example in case of a Apache2 webserver. Software as a Service, is practically the usage of frontend of the application through browser. Apart from these three, Cloud Computing can be divided in to three models - public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud depending upon the permitted usage and access.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Wikipedia: Cloud computing Online free encyclopedia providing detailed information about the technology.
- Cloud Apps Experts News and information covering several aspects of cloud computing.
- The Customize Windows - Cloud Computing Provides information and articles on the technology.
- NIST Definition of Cloud Computing Publication provides the definition of cloud computing and associated terminologies for the general users.
- Cloud Reviews Provides reviews and list of all the cloud providers.
- CloudPlugged An easy to read blog covering cloud computing from a business perspective.
- Cloud Magic World Blog articles relating to general cloud computing ideas.
- Chirag Mehta's Blog Provides information and explanation of the terminologies associated with the technology.
- Cloud Business Review News blog covering topics on cloud business solutions.