Policy regarding Standards, Legislation, Regulations, Visions, Dreams and Plans about the Internet as a network of computers. Particularly focused on the governance process of the Internet. (How plans become standards, Who makes the decisions and so on.)
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- W3C - The World Wide Web Consortium The World Wide Web Consortium was created to lead the World Wide Web to its full potential by developing common protocols that promote its evolution and ensure its interoperability.
- PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility People For Internet Responsibility (PFIR) is a global, grassroots, ad hoc network of individuals who are concerned about the current and future operations, development, management, and regulation of the Internet in responsible manners. The goal of PFIR is to help provide a resource for individuals around the world to gain an ability to help impact these crucial Internet issues, which will affect virtually all aspects of our cultures, societies, and lives in the 21st century. PFIR is non-partisan, has no political agenda, and does not engage in lobbying.
- ICANNWatch Three academics providing a central point for those concerned with the actions and structure of ICANN. Mailing List, Editorial.
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility CPSR's website devoted to issues such as Internet filters, encryption, digital signatures, PICS, ethics, NII, and privacy.
- Internet: book reviews Reviews of books on Internet by Danny Yee from the Electronic Freedom Association of Australia.
- The US Congressional Internet Caucus This site contains information about the program and activities of the Advisory Committee and the Congressional Internet Caucus - a bi-partisan group of over 100 members of the House and Senate working to educate their colleagues about the promise and potential of the Internet.
- The Roving Reporter A collective nym for commentary, usually biting and shocking well referenced. Great collection of news and opinion commentary by one of the most informed minds in ICANN watching.
- New York Times Internet Governance Archives Archive of Articles on Internet Governance from the New York Times Newspaper.
- Self-Regulation of Internet Content A project of the Bertelsmann Foundation dealing with the problem of illegal and harmful content on the Internet.
- Internet Protocol - Quality of Service Page Reports the efforts made by ITTC in IP QoS (Quality of Service) research.
- Microsoft and Internet Development What do computer programmers think about Microsoft's role in the development of the Internet, and the social implications of the underlying technical issues? CorpWatch interview with Harry Hochheiser, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility.
- Noam Chomsky on Microsoft and Corporate Control of the Internet CorpWatch interview.
- Governing the DNS Commons A conference by Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility about ICANN and the Domain Name system. Papers, Audio and Video Feeds, Printable Proceedings. Keynote by Ralph Nader.
- The Cyber-Federalist Occasional Commentaries A series of commentaries on the ICANN At Large elections and Internet governance. Edited by Hans K. Klein who is an Assistant Professor in the School of Public Policy at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic Public-interest foundation examining Internet issues. Articles, news, links to web resources.
- Noncommercial Users Constituency Its purpose is to support noncommercial speech and activity on the Internet - and to protect the domain names under which that speech is placed. They are the only constituency in the ICANN Domain Name Supporting Organisation (DNSO) representing noncommercial speech.
- O'Reilly Network: Policy DevCenter Source for information about Internet patents and related issues. The center provides developers patents news, articles and forums.
Home-Berkman Center for Internet and Society
At Harvard Law School. A research program founded to explore cyberspace, share in its study, and help pioneer its development. Highly active in Internet Public Policy.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 05:17:36 CET (https://cyber.harvard.edu/)
ICANN-Related Content from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society
Complete index of all ICANN-Related Content from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, including meeting archives, webcasts, and analysis.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 05:17:40 CET (https://cyber.harvard.edu/icann)
Internet and Society 1999 - Course Description
Harvard Law School Course on Internet Policy. "This course examines current legal, political, and technical struggles for control/ownership of the global Internet and its content."
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 05:17:44 CET (https://cyber.harvard.edu/is99/desc.html)