Symbian Ltd. was a software development and licensing company. It was established in 1998 as a partnership between Ericsson, Nokia, Motorola, and Psion. It was acquired by Nokia in 2008.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- TechCrunch: A Look Back on Symbian on the Eve of its Demise Overview of the operating system from the beginnings to the last Nokia phone shipped with it.
- TechCrunch: Nokia Confirms Microsoft Partnership, New Leadership Team, Organizational Changes Details of the new partnership.
- TechCrunch: Innovate Or Die: Nokia’s Long-Drawn-Out Decline Looking for the reasons behind Nokia's fall: choosing Windows Phone.
- TechCrunch: Jumping Off The Burning Platform: Nokia Knew It Was Stuck On WP7 When It Signed On The consequences of the first Nokia handsets running Windows Phone remaining stuck on version 7 with no upgrade path to WP8.
- TechCrunch: Nokia Confirms The PureView Was Officially The Last Symbian Phone Nokia confirmed that the 808 PureView was the very last device that the company would make on the Symbian platform.
- TechCrunch: Symbian Goes Open Source - Courtesy of Nokia News of the announcement by Nokia that they will be acquiring the remaining 52% of Symbian they don’t own and will be releasing the complete Symbian platform under the Eclipse open source license.
Engadget: Lumia 900 owner vents Windows Phone 8 frustrations, Stephen Elop responds
If you've been following our Windows Phone 8 coverage today, you know that anybody who buys a Windows Phone today will not be able to upgrade to WP8 when it ships this fall.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 13:43:37 CET (/2012/06/20/lumia-900-owner-vents-windows-phone-8-frustrations-stephen-elop/)
Engadget: Symbian Foundation Axing Websites on December 17th, Source Repositories Available 'Upon Request'
News that every official Symbian website will be shuttered, including every page from symbian.org, the Symbian Twitter and Facebook feeds, and the source code itself will be shelved.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 13:43:42 CET (/2010/11/27/symbian-foundation-axing-websites-on-december-17th-source-repos/)
ITworld: Nokia Takes Over Symbian development
News of Nokia taking over the development of the Symbian OS and the Symbian Foundation becoming a licensing operation only.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-09 13:43:45 CET (/article/2751235/personal-technology/nokia-takes-over-symbian-development.html)