This category tracks significant software/hardware advances, companies and sites in the area of speech processing, recognition and voice control for computers.
Speech recognition provides the ability for computers, cars, domestic utilities, etc to recognize what words a user is saying. For example a car may be able to recognize a driver saying “cd” to turn on the CD player, or “wipers” to turn on windscreen wipers. A word processor on a PC may be able to recognize what is said to and automatically type it into a document
Voice recognition is usually just used as another term for Speech Recognition. However occasionally it is used to mean a computer/device recognizing someone’s unique voice rather than what they are actually saying.
This category does not, therefore, take "speech recognition" to be synonymous with "voice recognition."
Loading new listings for you to review...
- HAL Hits the Home Voice recognition software (with product names HAL2000) for Windows 95/98 that supports air conditioning, telephony, infrared, Internet, X-10 and security - for use in home systems. Site gives audio examples of the interactions possible.
- Speech Recognition News and Studies TMA Associates publishes Speech Recognition Update, an industry newsletter on the business, products, markets, and companies in speech recognition, text-to-speech, and speaker verification. The site contains headlines and recent news, as well as descriptions of TMA conferences and market studies in speech recognition.
- Speech Technology Magazine Online edition of the magazine, plus information on an annual 'SpeechTEK' speech technology business exposition.
- Speech Technology Center Russian organization providing unusual variety of speech processing products and services for research and development, speech recognition, voice verification, speaker identification, noise reduction in speech signals, noise cancellation, forensic examination, audio analysis, logging and communication channel protection.
- Guardian Business Solutions, Inc. Warehouse applications using voice, wireless, and wearable technologies to provide automation and productivity solutions for warehouse management, distribution, and manufacturing systems. Partnered with Syvox.
- Hand Held Provider of a large-vocabulary continuous speech recognizer that runs on a PDA. Offers a voice enabled address book for Win 95, Win 98, Win NT, Win CE, Win XP, and Pocket PC.
- Voxware Provides voice-based technology that enables warehouse workers to achieve higher levels of productivity and accuracy while reducing operational costs.
- Speak Freely for Windows A free Internet "phone" program for talking to someone PC-to-PC over a network, i.e., a voice chat program. No banner ads. Features encryption hooks, "answering machine," text chat, cross platform versions for Unix/Linux. Optional facility for a buddy addressing server to list who else is on-line similar to the "commercial" instant messaging programs. Integrates with ICQ. Good voice quality. Optional C++ source code (free) for those interested in learning about with Internet speech protocols.
- HighBridge Communications Provides speech recognition solutions to small and medium-sized companies. Offers technology overview.
- G2 Speech Provider of customised speech recognition and digital dictation systems for the medical and legal sectors. Has operations in Holland and the UK.
- Voice Technologies Provider of speech recognition, digital dictation and workflow management solutions. Offers news, client information, products and services, and voice technology.
- Disaggregate Consulting Consulting services for speech technology: architecture, technical advice, software development, and education. Technology information, services, books, and publications.
- Speechworkers Provides Arabic and English speech enabled solutions for telecom operators and service providers, text to speech and speech recognition applications and solutions. Technology overview, news and press releases, and partner programs.
- Voicebrook Implements speech technology solutions for healthcare enterprises. Offers description of products and services, support information, and employment opportunities.
- vozZup Provides solutions for modern self-service applications. Expertise covers all aspects of speech recognition systems, ranging from voice user Interface design, to VoiceXML applications built on modern application frameworks. News and listing of current projects.
- CatchWord Language and Speech Technologies Develops multi-lingual voice portals. Products include speech recognition, audio-mining and speech corpora in South African languages. Services, product information, and employee profiles.
- Voice Technology in Warehouse Management Guide to the use of speech technology in warehouse management systems. FAQs, white papers and articles.
- Parus Interactive Speech-enabled customer care solutions. Products, solutions and services, and company information.
- MRecord Provides voice recognition and medical transcription services and solutions to health care centers, medical offices, and doctors. Products and services, news, partners, and client login.
- GritTec Laboratory Research and development of the unique algorithms in the field of DSP, speech and audio processing. Research focused on speaker identification (voice biometric), speech enhancement (noise cancellation), speech concealment (PLC), speech recognition, and speech synthesis (audio effects).
- Agilingua, LLC. Provides an integrated Software Development Kit (SDK) for the development of spoken dialogue system that supports the entire development process. Products, solutions, services, developer information, and support.
- Rubidium Ltd. Supplies speech processing chips and solution for resource constrained consumer applications, including speech recognition, text-to-speech (TTS), biometric speaker verification, speech compression and speech detection. News and events, technology information, and downloads.
- GameVox Offers a voice command software utility for gamers.
- Dialogue Machine Develops and hosts speech recognition applications. Provides hosting fee rather than up front cost.
- Sautrela Project Modular and pluggable open source framework focused on speech recognition. Obtain software, documentation, and license information.
- SpeechCycle Provides call center automation technology to resolve technical support problems over the telephone. Implements natural language speech recognition. News, products, technology, customers, and a weblog.
- WinScribeUSA Transcription equipment and software solutions for government, law enforcement, law firms, healthcare, insurance, financial organizations and transcriptionists.
- Verbatim Careers Institute Offers training for careers made possible by advances in speech recognition technology. Application, program details, and career information.
- Speech Interface Design Turn-key industrial speech recognition solutions supplier. News and events, company history, and support information.
IBM Software - Speech Recognition
Big Blue's ViaVoice offerings in the desktop continuous speech dictation arena. Competes with Dragon Systems. Has mobile dictation and telephony products as well. Has continuous speech recognition for the Apple Macintosh.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 09:51:47 CET (http://www.ibm.com/software/speech)
ASR Gooyesh Pardaz Co.
Develops speech processing and speech recognition systems. News, products, partners, research and development and support information.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 09:52:18 CET (http://asr-gooyesh.com/fa)
Provider of hosted speech recognition applications. Press releases, partners, and delivery options.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 09:52:27 CET (http://www.genesys.com/solutions/self-service)
Voice Recognition System
Software for warehouse voice-driven logistics. Case studies, system overview, and benefits.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 09:52:33 CET (http://www.warehouse-logistics-it.com)