A supercomputer is, generally, a really big and fast computer. The standard of what exactly constitutes a supercomputer has evolved with the capabilities of the computing industry. Supercomputers contain many processors and often take up entire rooms. They can do anything a normal computer can do, but usually much, much faster.
This category contains information about supercomputers, including (but not limited to) companies that manufacture supercomputers, supercomputing facilities, news articles about supercomputers, and supercomputing conferences.
Information about writing programs to run on supercomputers is in Computers/Parallel_Computing.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Scandal Supercomputing Project Development of a portable environment for programming supercomputers. Project information and resources about parallel programming.
- Supercomputing Online Includes news, analysis, and discussion about supercomputing.
- Supercomputers A history of supercomputing.
- Top 500 Supercomputers Ranking of supercomputers according to the LINPACK benchmark. Links to news articles.
- A History of Supercomputing at Florida State University Essay written by Jeff Bauer in early 1991.
- Advanced Simulation and Computing A United States government initiative to develop simulation capabilities suitable for weapons testing. Program details and links to university partners.
- ICC at Lawrence Livermore National Lab Offers current scientific and networking research information.
- HPCwire News portal covering the high performance computing industry. Includes whitepapers, blogs, conference listings and job search.
- The National Center For Supercomputing Information about supercomputing applications and research in the United States.
- Primeur Monthly newsletter about European high performance computing developments. Back issues available.
- The Journal of Supercomputing Available in print and online. Searchable archives available to subscribers.
Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation
Links to member institutions and published papers.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 10:01:39 CET (http://casc.org/?)