Gamebooks are a form of self-contained interactive fiction; you play the part of the hero and make his/her decisions by turning to different pages and reading different sections of the book. The genre includes Choose-Your-Own-Adventure, Lone Wolf, Fighting Fantasy, and other series.
Gamebooks are not just rule books, hints, cheats or descriptions of game systems; they are the games themselves.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Herbie Brennan's Bookshelf The homepage of the creator of the Grailquest and Fire*Wolf series.
- Demian's Gamebook A list of titles on the web, with reviews and descriptions of many different series.
- Ring of Thieves A free solo adventure in PDF form by S. John Ross, using Risus: The Anything RPG for its simple resolution system.
- Yahoo Groups: Gamebooks Discussion list devoted to all forms of printed interactive fiction.
- Chronicles of Arborell Fantasy adventures set in the world of Arborell. Features interactive gamebooks, companion novels, web serial fiction and an atlas.
- Moloch's On-Line Gamebook Features Tomb Time by JH Brennan, and Doom and Gloom by Green Knight.
- The Gamebook Engine An open source multi-platform engine for reading and writing gamebooks. Also features Lone Wolf: Flight From the Dark.
- Den of Gamebook Reviews Reviews for various gamebooks.