A game of Chinese origin usually played by four persons with tiles resembling dominoes and bearing various designs, which are drawn and discarded until one player wins with a hand of four combinations of three tiles each and a pair of matching tiles.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Mah Jong - Modern Japanese Rules Loose summary of Japanese terminology, game play and scoring.
- Mah Jongg - Worldwide Web Site Includes related software, beginners guide, rules, history, symbolism, club and tournament listing, and links.
- Nanette Pasquarello's Notes On Playing Mahjong Notes taken and adapted from various sources about the game.
- A Spotlight On Games: Playing Winning Mah Jongg Basic tactics and various tips.
- A Spotlight On Games: Mah Jongg Scoring Chart Summary of the scoring for Chinese classical rules.
- Mahjong News International competitions news, calendar and forum. European Mahjong Association player rankings. Summary of major rules used in tournaments. Book and computer game reviews. In English and Dutch.
- Mahjong Singapore Style Rules and a Java-based computer game for the Singapore style of Mahjong.
- Mah Jong History and Useful Information History of the game, prior and after the 1920's.
- Sloperama's Mah-jong Zone Repository of the rec.games.mahjong newsgroup's FAQ. Documentation about most aspects of the game : rules variations, types of sets, accessories, tips for buyers and sellers, basic strategies, books, links. Exchange board to find players and trade sets.
- Red Dragon Software for tracking and calculating game results.
- Mah-Jongg Forum Forum mainly for players in Germany. In English and German.
- Wikipedia: Mahjong History of the game. Descriptions of major rule variants and gameplay.
- Gareth and Jane Saunders: About Mah Jong Lists outlets in England, Scotland and Ireland where Mahjong sets can be purchased on-line and on the street. Downloadable print-it-yourself Mahjong kards
- CHarli's Web: All Things Mah Jong Mahjong sets dealer giving advice about care, restoration and purchase of vintage sets.
- Analytical Articles on Mah-Jong Bit and pieces of mathematical studies about Mahjong. Mostly Chinese Official rules.
- Four Winds Mah Jong Knowledge Base Information on the history, symbolism and rules of major Mahjong variants. Maintained by Lagarto, the maker of Four Winds Mah Jong game software.
- Hiroshima Cock's-Eye Mahjong News & Other Stuff This weblog reports on the activities of a group of Hiroshima-based foreigners and their Japanese friends who play three-player mahjong.
- Let's Play Mah Jongg With Chinese Tiles or Kards 1976's official hands and rules of the National Mahjongg League, Inc.
- Learning Mahjong Weblog entry that points to the author's PDF guide to European classical rules.
- The Lacobies: Mahjong Rules and guide to the game of Mahjong, with an emphasis on Hong Kong Old Style Scoring.
- A Selection of Pictures of My Mah Jongg Sets Peter Gallagher's collection of Mahjong sets.
- Mah-Jongg: The Tiles That Bind Documentary film about Jewish and Asian women who play Mahjong.
- Safalra's Mah Jong Rules Designed to have a scoring system that is simple, while emphasising skill rather than luck.
- Reach Mahjong : The Only Way To Play Weekly columns about the game of Mahjong as it's played in Japan.
- Cool Old Games Devoted to vintage board games of the 1920s through 1940s with an emphasis on Mahjong. Includes photo galleries and information on care and restoration.
- Japanese Mahjong Detailed instructions on playing Japanese Four and Three-Player Mahjong.
- Mahjong Wiki A wiki-style site. Focuses on the rules and scoring for different types variations.
- Mahjong 3 Fan For Dummies Explains Yahoo's 3-fan Hong Kong Old Style rules
- The Rules for Modern American Mah-jongg Describes American-style Mahjong as it is played today.
- The Mahjong Archives Archives of all postings made on Usenet rec.games.mahjong between January 1998 and November 2000.
- MahjongMahjong.com A website dedicated to old Mah Jongg games and accessories.
- Solitaire MahJongg A website by Vegard Krog Petersen. Contains history, rules, layouts, and tilesets.
- Japanese Mahjong A complete reference for the Japanese Mahjong (reach mahjong). Rules, strategy guides and everything related to the game.
- Mah-Jong, British Rules An illustrated description of Mah-Jong (BMJA rules) with beginners’ guide. Advice & info about other sites, buying sets, clubs, organizations, teachers.
- Zung Jung Mahjong Scoring System A website about Mah Jongg scoring system developed for international competitions.
- Webring: The World of Mahjong List of Mahjong links.