Sites by or about community or national organizations that deal with various aspects of substance abuse.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- The Partnership at Drugfree.org A drug abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery resource to help parents and caregivers address alcohol and drug abuse with teens and young adults.
- NIAAA National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Supports and conducts biomedical and behavioral research on the causes, consequences, treatment, and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems.
- NCADD The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence is a volunteer health organization providing education, information, help and hope. Includes alcoholism facts, and youth information.
- Iowa Consortium for Substance Abuse Research and Evaluation Coordinates research and knowledge transfer among researchers, assists professionals in the field, and informs public policy makers in the area of substance abuse.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse The mission of the NIDA is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
- Center for Treatment Research on Adolescent Drug Abuse NIDA-sponsored research center at the University of Miami School of Medicine. Develops and evaluates specific substance abuse treatments for adolescents. Provides findings to the public as well as the research and treatment communities.
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse Non-profit organization provides a resource database, FAQ, events calendar, publications, and statistics.
- Pacific Asian Alcohol and Drug Program - PAADP A program of Special Service For Groups (SSG) organized by a group of community citizens concerned with the problem of alcohol and drug abuse in the Pacific Asian community of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Eurocare Advocacy for the prevention of alcohol related harm in Europe.
- Easy Does It, Inc. A non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals in recovery, including housing, food, education, job training, placement and providing space for 12 Step meetings.
- Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand ALAC's primary objective is to promote moderation in the use of alcohol and to develop and promote strategies that will reduce alcohol related problems for New Zealand.
- California Association for Alcohol Drug Educators CAADE serves College and University programs in California. The organization also sponsors an annual conference where state-of-the-art alcohol and drug training issues and information is shared.
- National Asian Pacific American Families Against Substance Abuse, Inc. Dedicated to addressing the alcohol, tobacco, and other drug issues of Asian and Pacific Islander (API) populations on the continental U.S., Hawaii, the six Pacific Island jurisdictions and elsewhere.
- MAAC Project It has developed specific services to address the high rate of alcohol and drug abuse to help achieve long-term sobriety. Recovery and Human resources.
- Physician Leadership on National Drug Policy All-physician group that promotes a national drug policy that is cost-effective in both human and economic terms.
- Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence The primary mission of LICADD is to reduce the incidence and prevalence of the disease of alcoholism, other drug addictions, and related problems.
- Connecticut Clearinghouse Resource center for information about alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, and related issues affecting mental health and wellness.
- Arium Foundation Resources for Addictions A non profit organization offering substance abuse information regarding fetal alcohol syndrome and other addiction issues.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence-New Jersey Offers addiction news and information source featuring resources and information on substance abuse treatment and prevention.
- Massachusetts Sober Housing Corporation Details about this organization which purchases large houses to create Oxford Houses, the most successful sober housing model for recovering alcoholics and addicts.
- Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals Association of practitioners in the substance misuse (drugs and alcohol) field - including counsellors, key workers, referrers, nurses, doctors. Includes news, training and jobs sections.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine Dedicated to educating physicians and improving the treatment of individuals suffering from alcoholism and other addictions.
- Addiction Science A virtual network for the scientific study of addiction and for the application of information derived from scientific analysis to the problems of addiction.
- Georgia Addiction Counselors Association A non-profit association dedicated to high standards for professionals who provide addiction counseling.
- Illinois Alcoholism & Drug Dependence Association IADDA is a statewide organization representing more than 100 prevention and treatment agencies, as well as individuals who are interested in the substance abuse field.
- California Society of Addiction Medicine CSAM is a specialty society of physicians founded in 1973.
- Society for the Study of Addiction A society of professionals in the field of the addictions that share their knowledge, skills, and friendships.
- The Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association Promotes standards in the administration of workplace substance abuse prevention programs through education and training.
- The Sober Living Network Provides technical assistance, training, and advocacy, and includes a database of recovery houses in California.
- The Association For Addiction Professionals Professional membership organization that serves counselors who specialize in addiction treatment.
- International Society for Biomedical Research on Alcoholism Promotes excellence internationally in all aspects of biomedical research on alcoholism and alcohol related biomedical phenomena.
- The Addiction Counselor Certification Board of Oregon Provides certification for substance abuse professionals.
- EFTC - European Federation of Therapeutic Communities Organisation supporting the psychopedagogical approach helping drug addicts to return to a drug free life style.
- Foundation for a Functional America Organization whose mission is to help people live a better life free of addiction.
- Association for Medical Education & Research in Substance Abuse Organization of health care professionals dedicated to improving education in the care of individuals with substance abuse problems.
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America CADCA is a membership organization of over 5,000 anti-drug coalitions, each working to make their community safe, healthy, and drug-free
- National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors NASADAD's basic purpose is to foster and support the development of effective alcohol and other drug abuse prevention and treatment programs throughout every State.
- Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR) Conducts policy-relevant research and evaluation studies, disseminates statistical information and policy analysis, and provides assistance to agencies and organizations in substance abuse related fields.
- Drug-Free Marion County Plan, promotes, and implements community efforts to prevent and reduce the abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in Marion County, Indiana.
- Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT) To improve substance abuse prevention and treatment services by helping states, organizations, agencies, and individuals apply research-based practices. CASAT is located at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Alcoholism Council of the Cincinnati Area Alcoholism Council of the Cincinnati Area-NCADD, promotes the prevention and treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction through advocacy and education.
- Council on Prevention Education: Substances, Inc. Providing training, workshops, educational programs, and consulting services on substance abuse prevention for the State of Kentucky.
- Wisconsin Association on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Organization chartered by the State of Wisconsin. Members include counseling professionals, healthcare administrators, service providers, educators and friends and family members of addicted and recovering individuals.
- Prevention by Design Prevention by Design helps California communities deliver Alcohol and Other Drug services, meet state and federal requirements, and acquire funding for prevention programs.
- Lee's Summit CARES Non-profit organization based in Lee's Summit, MO. CARES mission is to direct, support and coordinate efforts of the community to help reduce substance abuse and promote youth safety.
- Racing for Recovery Racing for Recovery helps to prevent all forms of substance abuse and to provide positive alternatives for those currently battling addictions.
- Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) is a developing network to support GPs and other primary health care team members who work with substance misuse.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence Established in 1980 in Middlesex County, their mission is to prevent the diseases of alcoholism and drug addiction and related problems through prevention education, advocacy and public awareness.
- Drug Free America Foundation Develops and promotes global anti-drug legalization strategies, drug policy and drug prevention tools for parents and youth.
- Recovery is Everywhere Public education and awareness campaign created to fight the stigma of addiction and normalize recovery. Site provides materials for community awareness and events.
- Centers for the Application of Prevention Technologies Assists states, jurisdictions, and community-based prevention programs to apply scientifically defensible strategies in their efforts to prevent substance abuse.
- FCD Educational Services, Inc. A nonprofit organization that provides alcohol, tobacco, and other drug education and prevention programs to schools throughout the United States and abroad.
- Substance Abuse Prevention Services of the Carolinas A program of community intervention and science-based educational programs, with a newsletter, and details of services and training.
- Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Council (SA) Inc. Development of harm-reduction programmes related to substance misuse in South Australian Aboriginal communities, with details of current projects and free information leaflets to download.
- US Drug Enforcement Agency Lead agency for domestic enforcement of federal drug laws, and for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad. Includes links to programs, major operations, statistics and publications.
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) - Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance Office set up to develop policy, provide guidance and offer consultation on drug and alcohol issues within the transportation industry to the Secretary, DOT's Operating Administrations, the transportation industry, and other Federal Executive Agencies.
California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
Promotes effective response to the diseases of alcoholism and other drug problems through the CAADAC membership base.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 23:56:19 CET (https://www.ccapp.us/)
Substance Abuse Program Administrators' Certification Commission
The national (U.S.) certifying body for workplace substance abuse program administrators.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 23:57:08 CET (http://www.ccdapp.org/)
American Council for Drug Education
A substance abuse prevention and education agency that develops programs and materials based on the most current scientific research on drug use and its impact on society.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 23:57:16 CET (http://www.phoenixhouse.org/)
International Harm Reduction Association
Working with national and international groups to promote evidence-based strategies in reducing the effects of all psychoactive substances (including illicit drugs, tobacco and alcohol). Includes newsletter and details of conferences and research.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-10 23:58:49 CET (https://www.hri.global/)