Mighty resources to help you quit smoking: information, support, groups, people who have been there, methods, tips, quitting aids. Nicotine is chemically as addictive as cocaine, but people do quit cocaine. It isn't easy. But these resources can help.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Committed Quitters Designed to work along with your patch or gum to help you quit smoking for good. Sponsored by the patch/gum manufacturer.
- Quit Smokeless Organization When you're ready to quit, find the resources here that you need to kick the can. Information and support from people who've been there.
- NASA - Smoking Cessation NASA's occupational health program pulls together a lot of resources on quitting.
- Tales From the Quit A collection of essays, stories, rambles, and rants written during the author's first year of freedom from smoking. Offers quit tips, insight, humor, and hope.
- Arizona Smokers' Helpline Offers research-based toll-free telephone outreach and support service to Arizona residents who are trying to quit tobacco and remain tobacco-free. Includes information on the effects of using tobacco and online email help from a certified counselor.
- Interactive Life Zone Tips for quitting smoking. Information on the effects of smoking.
- Smoke-Free Zone Environmental and health reasons to quit smoking, especially for college students, provided by a concerned professor.
- Smoking Cessation, Quality of Life, and Older Persons Information on and access to materials concerning smoking cessation, the effects of smoking cessation on the health of older persons, and the value of healthy lifestyles for older persons.
- My Fight for My Life A personal, health related reason to quitting smoking. Philosophy based on the Serenity Prayer.
- Smokenders Australia website Instructional and group program; claims 92% success rate, but doesn't mention how or when that number was arrived at. The usual testimonials.
- Dr. Jeff's Quit Commit Program Aims to help people of all ages to quit smoking cigarettes or stop using other forms of tobacco. Tools, resources, information, links and support for people to kick the habit.
- I-quit-smoking.com Interesting wrinkle: provides a web-based email address firstname.lastname@example.org in connection with their quitsmoking.com bulletin board. Don't look here for critical evaluation of the products they sell. But reasonable free section of advice and support.
- Quit Smoking Links Resources to help you succeed.
- Help for Tobacco Addiction Effects, quitting information, questions and answers, secondhand smoke. "If Tobacco does not kill you it makes your life a living hell."
- Joe Chemo: A Camel Who Wishes He'd Never Smoked Test your tobacco IQ, get a Smoke-o-Scope, tips on quitting and contact details.
- Getting Quit "It is indeed the hardest thing many people (including myself) have done...however it can be done" Why quit; why it's so hard; besides the addiction to nicotine, what keeps me smoking? methods of quitting; products; what if I relapse; secondhand smoke.
- Free Web-based Smoking Cessation Study A web-based intervention and clinical trial to help people quit smoking, developed by researchers at the University of California.
- Hospital Ipoh Quit Clinic Free quit-smoking education and counselling.
- PhlexTeck's Quit Smoking Support and Information Personal website; information and support for people who want to stop smoking.
- British Heart Foundation Smoking Microsite "Give up before you clog up" campaign provides information about the damage caused by smoking whilst giving advice and guidance on methods for stopping smoking.
- QuitNet Providing tools, information, and support, including message boards, chat rooms, interactive questionnaires, and personalized quitting suggestions.
- Smokefree.gov A free resource including quit coaches and quit plans supporting those wishing to quit smoking or chewing tobacco.
- American Cancer Society: Stay Away from Tobacco Information on how to stop smoking or quit using smokeless tobacco, options for help, and tips for after quitting.
- The California Smokers' Helpline A telephone program designed to help people kick the habit. Free of charge.
- MedlinePlus: Smoking Cessation Resources from the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Interactive web presentation explores how different people quit. In English and French languages.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 00:09:24 CET (http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/tobac-tabac/youth-jeunes/life-vie/index-eng.php)
Smoking Cessation by About.com
Provides tips, articles, and success stories.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 00:09:25 CET (https://www.verywell.com/quit-smoking-4014658)
Smoking: A Quitter's Tale
The power of suggestion, plus $39 and a little willpower, help our intrepid reporter kick the habit.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 00:09:32 CET (http://old.post-gazette.com/healthscience/19980707bquit4.asp)