An allergy is a sensitivity to a certain substance which, in similar quantity, is tolerated by non-allergic people. The allergen is the specific protein substance that a person is allergic to. The presence of this allergen in the body causes a series of chemical reactions in the immune system which result in individual signs & symptoms. The tendency to be allergic is inherited; the actual allergy is not inherited.
Related categories 7
Loading new listings for you to review...
- HealingWell.com - Allergies Resource Center Medical news, information and articles, message boards, chat, books, and directory of related web sites on allergies.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) Organization provides free information and education on asthma and allergies, as well as links to regional AAFA groups.
- Allergy Web Offers information for patients and professionals.
- Allergy In-depth look at this disorder including general information, environmental problems, food, medical problems, medicines, testing, allergy shots and frequently asked questions.
- Allernet A large variety of resources for allergy sufferers with pollen count maps, photos of mold spores and tree pollens, frequently asked questions, and directories of specialists.
- Allergy Glossary From the Health On the Net Foundation.
- Pioneer Thinking: The Environment and Your Health Read about the environment and how it affects you and your families health. Offered is a resource for do it yourself information, solutions and ideas.
- Allerpet, Inc. Allergy information for people who are allergic to dust mites and household pets.
- Safe4Kids For kids living with anaphylaxis. Includes games, e-cards, user submitted art, stories, and recipes, and resources for schools and camps, including sample policies and activities.
- Anaphylaxis Canada Support and information resource based in Toronto.
- Allergies and Health Information A guide to food additives and conditions such as asthma, hay fever and celiac disease.
- eMedicine Health - Allergies Consumer health resource center providing an overview, the causes, symptoms and treatment.
- All Allergy Net Provides information on symptoms, medication, and treatment.
- Foods Matter An information and research resource for anyone with allergies, a food allergy, or a food sensitivity and intolerance. Includes complementary therapies, recipes, and health conditions that may be related to allergies.
- IsItAllergy.com Explains the causal agents of symptoms associated with recurrent upper respiratory disease and atopic components related to common childhood conditions.
- NHS Choices: Allergies Provides information about allergies and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- How Allergies Work Illustrated guide includes allergy terminology, symptoms, reactions, and causes.
- Dust Mites in the Home Some helpful hints in ridding your house of dust mites. Information from the AAFP.
- Allergic Conjunctivitis A look at the condition, its prevention, treating the symptoms and if the medicine has side affects.
- WebMD: Allergies Health Center Find in-depth information including treatments, triggers, and prevention.
- American Family Physician: A Practical Guide to Anaphylaxis Includes etiology, differential diagnosis, emergency treatment, management, and a patient brochure.
- AAFP: Exercise-Induced Anaphylaxis and Urticaria Description, diagnosis, treatment, and a patient brochure.
ABC of Allergies: Adverse Reactions to Drugs
Clinical review by Daniel Vervloet and Stephen Durham. Includes incidence, risk factors, diagnosis, and management.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 05:09:10 CET (http://www.bmj.com/lookup/content/full/316/7143/1511)
ABC of Allergies: Anaphylaxis
Clinical review by Pamela W. Ewan. Includes definition, incidence, aetiology, clinical features, and management.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 05:09:13 CET (http://www.bmj.com/lookup/content/full/316/7142/1442)
Mayo Clinic: Allergies
Describes causes, treatments, and prevention.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 05:09:24 CET (/diseases-conditions/allergies/home/ovc-20270181)
RealAge Seasonal Allergy Center
Learn how to identify seasonal, nasal, sinus, or spring allergies and ease symptoms.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 05:09:27 CET (/health/allergy/quizzes/quiz-surviving-spring-allergies)
Allergies - Everyday Health
Explains how to diagnose, treat and prevent them.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 05:09:29 CET (/allergy-pictures/easy-allergy-fighting-tricks-you-may-not-have-tried.aspx)