A number of diseases that can affect arteries and veins throughout the body but the most common vascular disease is atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries. This condition affects virtually every artery within the body. Peripheral Vascular Disease includes all the arteries and veins in the body except those within the heart and within the brain.
- Behcet's Syndrome
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Hereditary Angioedema
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Subdural Hematoma
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thromboangiitis Obliterans
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Pacemaker Information Austrian cardiologist Wolfgang Scheibelhofer offers information for pacemaker patients and for physicians treating such patients.
- Dr Caine and Partners Well written explanations of most vascular surgery procedures and postoperative follow up protocols.
- Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome Support Group Offers a mission, activities, and an e-mail list.
- Angioplasty An article and some images about this procedure.
- Vitamin C and Vascular Disease New information about vitamins and vascular disease.
- Vein.co.uk A UK expert on veins and venous conditions explains treatments and therapies for disorders.
- Vascular Disease Information Offers information on Carotid Artery Disease, Aortic Aneurysm and Lower Extremity Ischemia. Includes diagnosis, symptoms, self care and surgical interventions for treatment. Clinic located in San Francisco, schedule your appointment from the web page.
- Arteriovenous Malformation Information sheet compiled by National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- NHS Choices: Air Embolism Provides information on this condition caused by an air bubble trapped in a blood vessel. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- NHS Choices: Embolism An embolism occurs when a foreign body travels through the bloodstream before becoming lodged in a blood vessel and blocking the flow of blood.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease and Claudication Patient handout on claudication from the AAFP.
- eMedicine: Peripheral Vascular Injuries Text for medical professionals as well as people interested in vascular trauma.