Chronic illness means lifelong in duration, treatable but rarely cured completely, and typically requires persistent self-management behaviors. Synonyms to chronic illness: long-term disease, chronic condition.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Palliative Care Council of South Australia Resources to comfort, relieve pain and distress for people who are dying, and to support parents, families and friends in approaching death and healing grief.
- Coping with Chronic Illness An academic paper discusses illness in terms of stages, with a description of each in terms of its relevance to patients.
- Chronic Illness Coping Lists articles including lessons from Christopher Reeve, treatment of whole person, psychological control, and coping techniques.
- Chronic Illness: Acceptance Is the First Step Toward Healing Short description of the day to day acceptance process.
- Living with Chronic Illness Personal advice on making adjustments and maintaining hope.
- Yoga For Chronic Illness Article explains how yoga helps to maintain and restore health by stretching and breathing.
- Stanford Self-Management Programs Center develops, evaluates, and disseminates community-based, peer-led, programs for people with all kinds of chronic diseases. Part of School of Medicine, Stanford University, California.
- Preventing Chronic Disease: Public Health Research, Practice and Policy A peer-reviewed Journal by the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion in the United States. Contains essays, original research, special topics, case studies. Also available as PDF.
- Chronic Disease Prevention Overview by National Center (USA) offers statistics, state programs, risk surveillance and risk factors per state.
- Chronic Illness Tips A personal account of strategies for daily living.
- Living with Chronic Illness and Disease Personal perspective on living with chronic disease. Articles cover getting through each day, relaxations, tips, work, stories.
- A Day in a Life with Chronic Illness A personal account of daily events aims to promote better understanding.
- Guidance for People Facing Serious Illness Handbook gives short, practical advice how to handle serious illness and dying.
- Poem, Pain Management, Chronic Illness Poem about coping with pain using relaxation and imagery.
- Improving Chronic Illness Care Research and resources, including a model to promote interaction between patient and care givers. Essential elements are the community, self-management support, decision support and clinical information systems.
- Report of the Working Group on Long-Term Care US Department of Labor, Advisory Council Report to recommend policy changes and education on broad scope of findings.
- Health Action Network A volunteer non-profit organization helping to rehabilitate people with chronic mental or physical illness into the community. Includes details of training and resources.
- It's Your Life E-book on chronic disease management available for free online reading or download.
- Chronic Illness Alliance Inc. A representative body for Australian organizations. Promotes details of campaigns and activities, and offers news, articles and information.
- Health Issues Unmasked A weblog dedicated to exploring the issues behind the diagnoses, the statistics, and behind the headlines on chronic illness, health policy, and complementary and alternative medicine. By a journalist, Jacqueline L. Jones.
- Coping with Chronic Illness Offers links to patient information and publications by the National Institutes of Health.
Journal providing a forum in which researchers from a wide range of disciplines, clinicians, policy makers, and people living with chronic illness come together to clarify the common principles underlying the experience and management of chronic illness. Has current and past issues.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 06:20:28 CET (http://journals.sagepub.com/home/chi)