An endocrine gland located at the base of the brain, in the small recess of a bone - certain sections of the pituitary each secretes important hormones including growth hormone (GH) and antidiuretic hormone (ADH).
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- NINDS Pituitary Tumors Information Page Information sheet compiled by the U.S. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke which discusses definitions, prognosis, treatment and research issues.
- Pituitary Network Association Non-profit organization for patients with pituitary tumors and disorders, their families, and health care providers who treat them.
- Neuroendocrine & Pituitary Information Links Resources for patients. From Massachusetts General Hospital's Neuroendocrine Clinical Center.
- Pituitary Disorders Education & Support Their goal is to improve health care through communication, public awareness, and patient education. Lists treatments and conditions, newsletters, and patient stories.
- Pit Pat - The Pituitary Foundation Provides information and support to those suffering from pituitary disorders, their relatives, friends and carers. Includes newsletters, resources, GP fact file, general information for patients and a glossary.
- California Center for Pituitary Disorders at UCSF A multi-disciplinary center designed to provide comprehensive care to all patients with newly diagnosed and pre-existing pituitary disorders. Providing information on pathology, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- The Pituitary Center at Vanderbilt University Medical Center Aims to provide comprehensive, multi-disciplinary care to patients with all types of hypothalamic and pituitary diseases.
- MedlinePlus: Pituitary Disorders Contains an overview, symptoms, treatment, coping, genetics, and clinical trials.