For information about pathogens transmitted in water or food. There is also information about poisonings from toxic animals and plants.
- Bacillus cereus
- Clostridium perfringens
- Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease
- E. coli
- Hepatitis A
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Norwalk Virus
- Swimmer's Itch
Related categories 11
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Bacteria and Foodborne Illness Discusses the causes, risk factors, and complications associated with foodborne illness. Reviews treatment options and prevention strategies.
- FoodNet Project consists of active surveillance for foodborne diseases and related epidemiologic studies designed to help public health officials better understand the epidemiology of foodborne diseases in the United States.
- Minnesota Department of Health: Foodborne Illness Includes surveillance statistics, outbreaks in the state, symptoms, causes, and prevention.
- EPA Ground Water and Drinking Water Information from the Environmental Protection Agency on maintaining a safe water supply.
- Marler Clark Law firm site with news and information about foodborne illnesses.
- Food Microbe Providing academic research services to the food industry relating to hygiene, poisoning, and spoilage.
- WHO: Foodborne Diseases Directory of links and news.
- Food Safety Research Information Office Directory of resources covering several diseases and toxins that can cause foodborn illness.
- Foodborne Illness: Prevention Strategies Factsheet from Clemson University describes types, symptoms and preventing food borne illnesses.
- Clemson Extension: Foodborne Illnesses: Viruses Factsheet showing causes, symptoms and treatment of viral infections.
- CDC: Rotavirus Features organism information, concern about the vaccine, treatment, and prevention.
- FoodSafety.gov - Foodborne Pathogens Directory of links dealing with foodborne illness.
- NHS Choices: Poisoning Provides information on poisoning and details of causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
- FoodPoisoning.com Provides information on a number of foodborne illnesses, pathogens and food safety issues.
- eMedicine - Food Poisoning : Article by Sunil K Sood, MD.
- eMedicine - Vibrio Infections Article by Hoi Ho, MD.
- eMedicine - Food Poisoning Article by Senthil Nachimuthu, MD.
- The Bad Bug Book This handbook provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. Each chapter focuses on either one bacteria, virus, parasite, or natural toxin, providing basic facts.
- CDC - Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases Focuses on the control and prevention of foodborne, waterborne, and environmental diseases. Features news, programs, alerts, and information about individual diseases.
- Parasites and Foodborne Illness Publication of the US Food Safety and Inspection Service that discusses several foodborne parasites.
- FDA/CFSAN - Foodborne Illness Directory of sites with information on various foodborne illnesses.
- Foodborne Illness and Diseases Factsheets from the USDA.
- CDC Health Topic: Foodborne Illnesses Causes, symptoms, treatments, and prevention of foodborne illnesses.
- CDC Travelers' Health - Risks from Food and Drink Factsheet covering prevention of foodborne and waterborne illness.
- CDC: Healthy Swimming Recommendations for healthy swimming behaviors needed to protect people from recreational water illnesses (RWIs) and will help stop germs from getting in the pool in the first place.
- CDC: Vibrio parahaemolyticus Includes cause, associated foods, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of this illness associated with contaminated seafood.
- CDC: Vibrio vulnificus Can cause disease in those who eat contaminated seafood or have an open wound that is exposed to seawater. Features symptoms, diagnosis, prognosis, prevention, and treatment.
- eMedicine Health - Food Poisoning Articles on the causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of several foodborne illnesses.
- Bug Bible Series of factsheets covering the common causes of food poisoning.
- CDC - Brainerd Diarrhea No cause for this illness has been found yet. Includes source of infection, symptoms, prevention, and outbreaks.
- CDC - Foodborne Infections FAQ discussing the causes and preventions of foodborne diseases.
- MedlinePlus: Food Contamination And Poisoning Features news and factsheets.
- MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Food Poisoning Includes symptoms, causes, prevention, complications, tests, and treatment.
- MedlinePlus: Drinking Water Factsheets and news releases about harmful substances and organisms in water.
Directory of factsheets on the most common causes of food poisoning.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:10:02 CET (/topic_foodborne_illness)
Information about cross-contamination and how bacteria spreads.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:10:14 CET (http://www.fightbac.org/food-poisoning/about-foodborne-illness/)
Food Poisoning and Foodborne Illness
An explanation of foodborne illness or food poisoning. What it is, where it comes from, and how to avoid it. NSW Food Authority (government) information for consumers and schools.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:10:26 CET (http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/aboutus/science/science-in-focus/foodborne-illness-pathogens)
Texas Department of Health: Foodborne Illness
Fact sheets on several waterborne and foodborne illnesses.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:10:39 CET (/idcu/health/foodborne_illness/)