An infectious disease is a clinically evident illness resulting from the presence of pathogenic agents, including viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, multicellular parasites and prions.
Related categories 7
Loading new listings for you to review...
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases NFID supports research into the causes, cures, and prevention of infectious diseases and sponsors public and professional education programs. Virtual library, factsheets, vaccine research conference information, National Coalition for Adult Immunization.
- ProMED-mail A global electronic reporting system for outbreaks of emerging infectious diseases and toxins.
- Disease Outbreak News Information about disease outbreaks anywhere in the world, searchable by time period, with archives by disease; from the Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response (CSR), World Health Organization.
- IDLinx Medical news and information in infectious disease from current medical journals for physicians. Available on the web or by email newsletter.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal Includes e-journal from the CDC.
- Vad's Corner Dr.M.Vadivale provides links to a wide range of sites about infectious diseases and other health-related topics.
- USAMRIID The United States Army Medical Research Institute for infectious diseases.
- International Society for Infectious Diseases ISID consists of individuals interested in infectious diseases, including specialists, microbiologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, public health workers, parasitologists, virologists, mycologists, and molecular biologists. Find publications, resources, memberships and programs.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America Includes information about the IDSA, a career center, newsroom, practice guidelines, and journals and publications.
- WHO/OMS - Infectious Diseases Articles from the World Health Organization.
- The Lancet: Infectious Diseases A monthly infectious diseases journal, renowned for the publication of high-quality peer-reviewed reviews and analysis from around the world.
- eMedicine Health - Finger Infection Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of injury or infection to a finger.
- Health Protection Scotland Information on communicable diseases and environmental health hazards, travel and veterinary health risks including statistical data.
- Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy CIDRAP provides advice, information and analysis on the prevention, control and treatment of infectious diseases and in public health preparedness in such areas as bioterrorism and food safety.
- Medscape: Infectious Diseases Latest medical news and information from Medscape.com.
- Wikipedia: Infectious Disease Offers detailed information about infectious disease including classifications, transmission, diagnosing and therapies, immunity, mortality from, and a history.
- Center for Complex Infectious Diseases Provides information on stealth viruses, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other diseases caused by stealth viruses, and presentations and publications given by Dr. Martin.
- Infectious Disease Research Institute IDRI targets neglected diseases based on their threat to public health and lack of a vaccine diagnostic, or effective therapeutic. Find out which diseases are being focused on, and details about IDRI.
- MedPage Today Offers up to date medical news and physician-reviewed articles about infectious disease.
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society Promotes excellence in diagnosis, management and prevention of infectious diseases through clinical care, education, research and advocacy. Find details about PIDS, membership information, meetings and events, education and training and a forum.
- Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases PKIDs Online educates the public about infectious diseases and disease prevention, supports families whose children have chronic, viral infectious diseases, and works to eliminate the social stigma borne by the infected.
- General Practice Notebook - Infectious Disease Describes features of many conditions.
- Family Practice Notebook: Infectious Disease Comprehensive database of infectious disease.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Mission is to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability. Includes guidelines, articles and resources for consumers and health professionals.
- eMedicine: Infectious Diseases Directory of full length articles on various diseases.
- Medical Microbiology Information on the microorganisms that cause diseases in humans. Lecture notes, laboratory notebook, computerized clinical cases, and most common causes of infectious diseases file.
- eMedicine: Hospital Acquired Infections Physician reports on the viral, bacterial, and fungal pathogens likely to cause nosocomial infections such as pneumonia, urinary tract infection, colitis, and candidiasis. Includes medical care and prevention tips.
- eMedicine Health Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of swollen lymph glands.
- eMedicine Health - Sepsis Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of blood infection.
- Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice Journal published nine times a year. Articles on topics of current interest to physicians and other health care professionals treating patients with infectious diseases.
- The Internet Pathology Laboratory for Medical Education: Infection Index Images of organisms and their effects on organs.
- Microbial Threats to Health: Emergence, Detection, and Response (2003) Covers emerging diseases, resurgence of known pathogens, and the human factors that converge to provide an environment where diseases can spread. Complete 350-page report from the Board on Global Health of the National Academy of Science, in Open Book and PDF formats.
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign Aims to reduce mortality from sepsis and to improve its management, diagnosis and treatment.
- Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the US on the legal basis for enforcement of isolation and quarantine.
- The New England Journal of Medicine: Infectious Disease The Infectious Diseases collection covers topics such as sepsis, meningitis, and pneumonia.
- The Bad Bug Book This handbook provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. Each chapter focuses on either one bacteria, virus, parasite, or natural toxin, providing basic facts.
- National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases Division of the CDC that provides leadership, expertise, and service in laboratory and epidemiological science, bioterrorism preparedness, applied research, disease surveillance, and outbreak response for infectious diseases.
- Journal Watch Infectious Diseases Fee based service with summaries of medical journal articles in the field of Infectious Disease.
- New York State Department of Health: Communicable Diseases Directory of factsheets on infectious diseases, plus press releases.
- Infectious Disease Center - Mayo Clinic Find information on colds, flu, STDs, and other common infections. Includes adult and child immunizations, and prevention.
- Infectious Disease News Online version of the magazine. Includes breaking news, archives, online seminars, and specialty forums.
- PediatricSuperSite.com Online journal on infectious diseases of children.
- Kidshealth: Infections Directory of factsheets covering common infections affecting children.
- MedlinePlus: Infectious Diseases Articles about infectious disease and infectious disease links.
- Science Speaks: Global ID News Features news and analysis on the latest developments in infectious diseases.
Johns Hopkins Infectious Diseases
Information on infectious diseases including hepatitis, STDs, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, research, education, and epidemiology.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:45:52 CET (http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/infectious-diseases/)
Communicable Disease and Immunizations
Communicable disease information for HIV/AIDS, pertussis, influenza, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, chickenpox, and others.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:05 CET (/depts/health/communicable-diseases.aspx)
Research and Training in Tropical Diseases
Co-sponsored by the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the World Bank and the World Health Organization (WHO). It helps co-ordinate global efforts to combat infectious diseases of the poor and disadvantaged.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:19 CET (http://www.who.int/tdr)
Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal
Original studies, reviews, and case reports on all aspects of infectious diseases in children that have relevance to clinical practice. Features review articles and original studies on viral and bacterial illness in children of interest to pediatricians, pediatric residents and fellows, and pediatric nurses.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:20 CET (http://journals.lww.com/pidj/pages/default.aspx)
The Merck Manual - Infectious Diseases
Specific and general clinical information on infectious diseases and their treatment.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:30 CET (http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/infectious-diseases)
Health Protection Agency: Infections
CDSC is a division of the Health Protection Agency and is the UK information and response center for surveillance and control of infectious diseases.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:35 CET (/topic/health-protection/infectious-diseases)
Clinical Infectious Diseases
This journal publishes clinical articles, including those in microbiology; a regular AIDS/TB Commentary; sections covering medical and legal issues and managed care symposia; time-saving review articles, which survey the growing body of research literature in a specific area or on a group of related topics; and thematic studies on central topics in infectious disease research. Electronic edition.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:39 CET (https://academic.oup.com/cid)
The Journal of Infectious Diseases
Published for the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Find current and past issues and information about the journal.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:42 CET (https://academic.oup.com/jid)
Infectious Disease Control Unit
Factsheets and news releases related to diseases and various health topics.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 07:46:47 CET (/idcu/)