Inflammation of the coverings of the brain and/or spinal cord.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Arachnoiditis Support site for this inflammatory condition, written by a sufferer.
- Meningitis Research Foundation Includes information on symptoms, diagnosis, after effects, scientific research and on support for those who have experienced the disease.
- The Meningitis Research Foundation of Canada Information about the organization and its mission and events. Includes data about the disease, news and the different types.
- Medinfo - Meningitis Information on the symptoms and signs, what to do and where to go for further information, from Medinfo.co.uk
- National Meningitis Association A nonprofit organization founded by parents to educate parents, students, health professionals and public policy makers about the dangers of meningococcal disease and vaccination efforts.
- Arachnoiditis Yahoo Group Discussion group for sufferers of inflammation of the arachnoid mater.
- Meningitis Angels Non-profit organisation supporting families affected by bacterial meningitis.
- Meningitis Vaccine Project Mission is to eliminate epidemic meningitis as a public health problem in sub-Saharan Africa through the development, testing, introduction, and widespread use of conjugate meningococcal vaccines. Features press releases and disease information.
- The McKenzie Meningitis Foundation Promotes education and awareness of a vaccine-preventable disease.
- WHO: Meningococcal Disease Includes news releases, fact sheets, and articles.
- eMedicine - Staphylococcal Meningitis Dr. Lawrence Zumo reports on this form of bacterial meningitis infection often linked to neurosurgery, trauma, and compromised immune system.
- NHS Choices: Meningitis Provides information on this . Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
- eMedicine: Meningitis Dr. Marjorie Lazoff offers a detailed clinical report on its causes, symptoms, and treatment. Includes information on bacterial meningitis diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Lubor Cerva List of publications with several hyperlinked fulltexts and photomicrograph documentation on primary amoebic meningoencephalitis in man in the Czech republic and experiments with Naegleria fowleri - the causative agent.
- eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Children Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Adults Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of this potentially life-threatening infection of the meninges—the tough layer of tissue that surrounds the brain and the spinal cord.
- Meningitis Now Information about meningitis and meningococcal disease, what research is taking place and what support is offered to sufferers by this global charity.
- Patient: Meningitis Factsheet on this infection, including its epidemiology, causes, presentation, differential diagnosis, investigation, management, prognosis and prevention.
- MedlinePlus: Meningitis Directory of news, articles, and factsheets.