Professional associations and membership organizations for mental health practitioners. Sub-categories exist for associations related to consumers, and specific afflictions.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- The National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors For the collective interests of State Mental Health Authorities and their directors at the national level. NASMHPD analyzes trends in the delivery and financing of mental health services and builds and disseminates knowledge and experience reflecting the integration of public mental health programming in evolving healthcare environments.
- National Institute of Mental Health Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various mental illnesses. Included are brochures and information sheets, reports, press releases, fact sheets, and other educational materials.
- Society of Biological Psychiatry Professional association supports research in medical psychiatry with humanitarian, emotional, psychological, and socio-cultural orientation.
- Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association A non-profit organization in which horses are used in the treatment of mental health.
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists The organization's mission is to provide distinction and value to health service psychologists, to provide distinction and value and to guide psychology students and ECPs toward credentialing.
- Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training Training program for mental health professionals, and referral service in NYC area
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Professionally developed resources for practitioners and consumers of marriage and family therapy. Site also offers a search engine for finding a qualified therapist in your area.
- American Association for Therapeutic Humor AATH. Therapeutic humor resources and articles. Develops and supports research into the use of humor in therapy.
- American Counseling Association The ACA promotes the counseling profession through work in advocacy, research and professional standards. The site has general information and on-line skill expansion courses.
- American Mental Health Counselors Association Enhances the profession of mental health counseling through advocacy, education and professional development.
- American Psychological Association Promotes research and represents the professional interests of psychologists in the United States. Includes information on publications and conferences, and a find-a-psychologist referral feature.
- Association of VA Psychologist Leaders Addresses the professional needs and concerns of Veterans Affairs psychologists.
- European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA) Established to promote knowledge and research, develop theory, and ensure agreed standards of practice.
- Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice in the UK AFT members work to improve the standards of professional family therapy and systems practice by promoting family system ideas in practice, training, management and research.
- International Primal Association Explains the aims of the organization.
- International Society for Mental Health Online Education, advocacy, and information organization for professionals and consumers.
- Institute for Integrative Psychotherapy Explains the role of the organization.
- International Transactional Analysis Association A scientific organization which facilitates international communication.
- Mental Research Institute Training, workshops, clinical services, and research in interactional/systemic studies, psychotherapy, and family therapy.
- National Association of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapists The NACBT provides certification in cognitive-behavioral therapy, along with seminars and workshops.
- The Sandtray Network A non-profit organization founded to promote learning, healing, and creativity through the use of the sandtray.
- United States of America Transactional Analysis Association A community of psychotherapy professionals.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association EMDRIA promotes research and education.
- Screening for Mental Health Organization dedicated to coordinating nationwide mental health screening programs and to ensure cooperation, professionalism, and accountability in mental illness screenings. Contains support information for setting up screenings for specific disorders.
- Psychiatric Studies Centre Association whose purpose is scientific research in the fields of psychiatry, psychopharmacology and social psychiatry.
- APA Division 42: Psychologists in Independent Practice Public and members areas including mental health related articles and official documents.
- Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma Caring for the health and mental needs of survivors of mass violence and torture, through a combined practice of clinical experience and medical research.
- Psychogeriatrics A public service of the International Psychogeriatric Association. Meeting schedule and news releases.
- American Academy of Psychotherapists A multi-disciplinary group committed to the art and science of psychotherapy.
- Minnesota Association of Community Mental Health Programs, Inc. Non-profit organization dedicated to improving quality through education, public policy advocacy and member services.
- Northwest Alliance for Psychoanalytic Study Seattle-based, non-profit, interdisciplinary organization that includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, counselors and nurses. Dedicated to making psychoanalytic knowledge available and useful to interested professionals.
- American Psychotherapy Association Membership information, newsletter, e-zine, and continuing education information.
- Violent Death Bereavement Society Forum of information and training for service providers offering assistance to relatives.
- Mental Health Foundation An Australian, non-governmental agency offering services for mental health consumers in the Canberra region.
- National Association Of Drug and Alcohol Intervention Professional certification for counselors and addiction therapists.
- The Kettle Friendship Society A non-profit agency providing support and services to those suffering from mental illness.
- The Penny Parks Foundation Resolving childhood abuse and associated disorders.
- British Hypnotherapy Association An organization of practitioners who have had at least four years of relevant training and who comply with professional standards of competence and ethics in hypnotherapy.
- Canadian Academy Of Geriatric Psychiatry (CAGP) A national organization of psychiatrists dedicated to promoting mental health in the Canadian elderly population through clinical, educational and research activities of its members.
- Mind The National Association for Mental Health in the United Kingdom campaigns on behalf of those with mental illness. Includes mission statement, policies, and contact information.
- Global Neuroscience Initiative Foundation An international charity organization for the advancement of neurological and mental health patient welfare, education, and research.
- National psychodrama training center Promotes a program which provides training in the psychodamatic method, lists workshop locations and dates, offers bios of trainers, and a guide to training.
- International Society for the Psychoanalytic Study of Organizations Provides a forum for academics, clinicians, consultants and others interested in working in and with organizations utilizing psychoanalytic concepts and insights.
- Canadian Union of Professional Psychotherapists Facilitating Psychotherapy research. Promote, inform, educate and help network of Psychotherapy by answering the needs of the practitioners and well-being market across Canada. Includes membership requirements, news, and the services offered.
- Association of Practicing Psychologists APP members are practicing psychologists who are licensed in Maryland and who reside or practice in Montgomery and/or Prince George's Counties. Find a psychologist, continuing education, a history and how to join the APP.
- Bio Balance Health, Inc. A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting effective techniques of biochemical treatment for mental and behavioral disorders. Includes articles, upcoming events, information for patients and find a practitioner. Australia based.
- Central Coast ARAFMI A community based organization giving support to family and friends of people with a mental illness or disorder. Find out who this service is for and how to become a member or a volunteer. Australia based.
- El Hogar Community Services, Inc. Provide services that contribute to the mental health and emotional well-being of individuals and families in the Sacramento community. Lists news, the locations, and offers a newsletter.
- Institute for Health and Recovery IHR is a Massachusetts service, research, policy, and program development agency that cares for individuals affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, mental health problems, and violence/trauma. Find project details, and the services and products offered.
- Scottsdale Psychological Society SPS is a nonprofit professional organization for licensed psychologists. Find details about the organization, find a care provider in AZ, and contact information. Scottsdale, Arizona.
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists Find details about BACP, find a therapist, regulations, news, and member information.
- Association for Counselling and Therapy Online A professional and user-friendly association of psychological therapists who work online. Includes organization details, FAQs, training, code of ethics, membership, and seeking a therapist.
- Cyprus Mental Health Commission Gives the purpose and function of the commission, acts and reports, news, relevant legislation, the 1997 law, and conferences.
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists A professional organization of MFTs. Find details about the CAMFT, conferences and workshops, and joining instructions. Also provides a private, online resource for finding a California therapist.
- European Confederation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapies (ECPP) Official documents. The purposes and tasks. News and events.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a leading not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to preventing suicide.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychology Non profit organization composed of psychiatrists and physicians who seek to provide resources to help children and adolescents with mental disorders.
- Rose Hill Center Offers comprehensive psychiatric treatment and rehabilitation services in a peaceful setting. Mission is to provide an effective therapeutic program for adults with mental illness so that they can learn to manage their symptoms, achieve their highest level of independence and go on to lead rewarding lives.
- River Park Hospital River Park Hospital is a behavioral health care facility that provides services to individuals of all ages with psychiatric and emotional problems.
- Florida Psychological Assoication The Florida Psychological Association is the professional association of doctoral level licensed psychologists in the state of Florida. This site has information for member psychological about events, membership and information for the public about psychological issues.
- Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis Has information about membership, training, study groups and conferences.
- Association for Birth Psychology The first organization of professionals interested in the psychological impact of pregnancy, birth, and the perinatal period on personality. Research and clinical practice of psychotherapy and empirical investigation of the fetus, pregnancy, parents, and obstetical considerations.
- International Neuropsychiatric Association Official Website. International Neuropsychiatric Association Official Website. The information resource on Neuropsychiatry
- Prairie St. John's Hospital Founded in 1997, Prairie St. John’s is a fully-licensed, 91-bed facility offering services for children, adolescents and adults to address mental health issues, chemical dependency or addiction and co-occurring disorders.
- Christian Mental Health and Mental Illness - Mental Health Grace Alliance Mental Health Grace Alliance is a non-profit organization that provides recovery programs, support groups, training, and collaborative partnerships to impact mental health care.
- Cherry Tree Sheltered Work Opportunities Project Cherry Tree Nursery and Plant Centre offers sheltered work rehabilitation for people with mental illness. It is a safe place to work, allowing people to regain strength, develop friendships, share problems and build self-esteem.
- Coast Mental Health Coast promotes recovery of persons with mental illness.
- Center for Mental Health - 'Partnering to Improve Lives' The Center is staffed by professionally trained teams who are able to provide quality care, diversifed programming, and a full range of community-based services.
- Association of Mormon Counselors and Psychotherapists An international professional organization of mental health professionals whose common bond is adherence to the principles and standards of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Silvan S. Tomkins Institute Dedicated to the enhancement of the understanding of human emotion. Supports research on affect theory and script theory. Articles, publications, audio and videos tapes, membership information, and study groups.
- American Association of Anger Management Providers Establishing standards for providers nationwide. Provides research, self-help articles, CDs, videos and client books.
- Brain and Behavior Research Foundation Committed to alleviating the suffering caused by mental illness by awarding grants that will lead to advances and breakthroughs in scientific research.
- Mental Health America A community-based non-profit dedicated to helping Americans achieve wellness by living mentally healthier lives.
- UK Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners Provides information about therapists, counsellors, and other practitioners who apply the theories of Humanistic Psychology to their work.
- American Psychiatric Association U.S. and international members with the goal of ensuring humane care and effective treatment for all persons with mental disorder, including mental retardation and substance-related disorders.
International Psychoanalytical Association
Professional association for psychoanalysts worldwide. Online newsletter, forthcoming events, member services.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:07:15 CET (http://www.ipa.world)
American College of Mental Health Administration
National organization for mental health and substance abuse administrators, consumers, and family leaders.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:07:54 CET (http://www.leaders4health.org/)
The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
A multidisciplinary network of professionals committed to the advancement of intervention for survivors of trauma. Members in every state of the United States and over 40 foreign countries.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:07:55 CET (http://www.aaets.org/index.htm)
The Psychiatry Research Trust
A charity that raises funds for mental illness and brain disease research at a centre for psychiatric and psychological medicine. Contains information for the public written by leading experts.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:07:56 CET (http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn)
Institute for the Study of Therapeutic Change
Association of therapists dedicated to improving therapy practices. Contains latest research on "what works" in therapy translated into principles for clinical practice.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:08:06 CET (http://SCOTTDMILLER.COM)
International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine
Society to educate health professionals and the public in the benefits and practice of orthomolecular medicine through publications, conferences and seminars. Contains research, newsletters, journal, membership and conference information.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:08:12 CET (https://ionhealth.ca/)
World Federation for Mental Health
Seeks to improve mental health services, reduce the stigma associated with mental and emotional disorders, protect human rights of the mentally ill, promote mental health, and identify mental health issues.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:08:22 CET (https://www.wfmh.global)
National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression
NARSAD is a national, not-for-profit organization whose primary objective is to raise funds to find the causes, cures, treatments, and prevention of severe brain disorders.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:08:23 CET (https://www.bbrfoundation.org/)
International Center for Clubhouse Development
The ICCD promotes and protects the rights, opportunities and future of psychiatrically disabled men and women who are members of clubhouses all over the world.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 19:09:19 CET (http://clubhouse-intl.org/)