Food choices and individual nutrients can assist in prevention of disease.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Food Issues in Human and Veterinary Medicine This site addresses the vital relationship between foods and the diseases that plague mankind and their pets, including allergies and autoimmune disorders.
- NutritionMD Offers nutrition information and advice for specific medical conditions for consumers and health care providers. Operated by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).
- Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Diseases (WHO) An independent expert report on the relationship of diet, nutrition and physical activity to chronic diseases issued jointly by FAO and WHO in 2003. Contains link to full PDF report for download.
- CASH — Consensus Action on Salt and Health British group persuading food companies to reduce the salt content of processed foods, and educating the public about the perils of consuming too much salt.
- WASH — World Action on Salt and Health Global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake.
- Lowering Your Blood Pressure With DASH Detailed consumer brochure on the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) eating plan. Includes a full week DASH menu and recipes. From the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI).
Nutrition Screening Initiative from the AAFP
Nutrition checklist designed to alert individuals, family members, and physicians to conditions that may lead to malnutrition, particularly in the aged.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 20:03:11 CET (http://www.aafp.org/afp/1998/0301/)