Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Essential Fatty Acids Explanation of the fatty acids that are healthy. Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 fatty acids and which foods they can be found in.
- Natural Food: Grains Beans and Seeds Covers legumes and seeds and their role in the human diet through human evolution. Focuses on the legume, grain, and seed species worldwide, and is particularly relevant to the legume/grain debate in reference to human biochemistry.
- Natural Food: Fruit Discusses how we came to be eating the small range of fruits we now eat, and the relative nutritional and protective strengths of commercially available fruit.
- Natural Food: Vegetables A discussion of the nutritional values of vegetables during human evolution and today; including the importance of tubers, roots, corms, rhizomes and bulbs during evolution. Includes notes on wild African, Asian, and European edible plants.
- Food Additives and Ingredients Association Includes information on food additives and food ingredients such as enumbers, emulsifiers, flavorings, colorings, functional foods, and preservatives.
- Lutein - The Vision Carotenoid Simple and clear information on role of lutein, a plant carotenoid deficient in most western diets, in vision, especially the prevention of 'age-related macular degeneration', as well as overall health, from the 'Lutein Information Bureau' in USA.
- Fish Oils in Health and Disease Collected articles describing current scientific research relating to the benefits of fish oil and fish consumption, including benefits of fish oil for various conditions and diseases.
- Food Supplements Information about effects of vitamins and minerals in the body with reference listings for individual nutrients.
- Life Research Universal- Health Department Has listing of foods with saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories. Provides menus with fat and caloric content and nutritional values.
- Lansbergen, Gabrie Help to define the best fat for your own food application.
- NutrientFacts.com Offers online nutrition tools that generate nutrition facts labels for any food or recipe. Provides a nutrient almanac designed to aid in planning a healthy, balanced diet.
- AllNutritionals.com Includes information about vitamins, minerals, herbs, bee products and antioxidants.
- NutrientFinder.com Online nutrient database of over 66,000 raw, cooked and packaged foods.
- Nutrient Data Laboratory Food Composition Data Downloadable data sets prepared by the USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory with nutrient values of foods.
- AboutOmega3.com Offers information and practical advice about fish oil, omega 3, and fatty acids.
- NUT Nutrition Software Free nutrition software for Linux and DOS, which records and analyzes meals with the USDA nutrient database.
- Hydrogenated Oils: The Silent Killers Discusses the effects of hydrogenated oils in the human diet, with numerous references to scientific studies.
- Egg Nutrition Center Scientific information for nutritionists and health care providers to learn about eggs and good nutrition. Has list of research and scientific studies done an eggs online.
Whey Protein Institute
Advocates the use of whey proteins in nutrition. Describes nutrition facts and functions complete proteins have in diet.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 20:04:38 CET (http://www.wheyproteininstitute.org/)
Linus Pauling Institute's Micronutrient Information Center
Information regarding the roles of vitamins, minerals, other nutrients, dietary phytochemicals, and some foods in preventing disease and promoting health.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 20:04:52 CET (http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic)