Reproductive health is defined by the World Health Organization as a state of physical, mental, and social well-being in all matters relating to the reproductive system at all stages of life. Reproductive health implies that people are able to have a satisfying and safe sex life and that they have the capability to reproduce and the freedom to decide if, when, and how often to do so. Implicit in this are the right of men and women to be informed and to have access to safe, effective, affordable, and acceptable methods of family planning of their choice, and the right to appropriate health-care services that enable women to safely go through pregnancy and childbirth.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Works to ensure universal access to reproductive health, including family planning and sexual health to all couples and individuals. UNFPA supports population and development strategies, promotes awareness of population and development issues and advocates for the mobilization of the resources and political will necessary to accomplish its areas of work
- Reproductive Health Outlook Summaries and links on topics including family planning, AIDS, reproductive tract infections, infertility, harmful traditional practices, safe motherhood, cervical cancer, and refugee reproductive health.
- International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) A worldwide movement providing reproductive health and family planning services in over 180 countries. Manual on reproductive health interventions in refugee situations and other materials on delivery of reproductive health services.
- International Centre for Reproductive Health Improve the acceptability, accessibility and quality of health services, with the emphasis on reproductive health.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America Information and resources covering sexual and reproductive health topics. Research on sexual health problems and directory of health centers in the US.
- Women's Health and Action Research Centre WHARC is a non-governmental organization based in Benin City, Nigeria devoted to reproductive health research.
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals Membership association for physicians, nurses, public health professionals, health educators, and related professions. Includes news, patient and professional education materials, AHRP position statements, and links on a wide range of topics.
- SisterSong Made up of local, regional and national grassroots organizations in the United States representing Native American/Indigenous, Black/African American, Latina/Puerto Rican, and Asian/Pacific Islander populations.
- CDC Reproductive Health Information Source News and information on maternal health, infant health, assisted reproductive technology, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception and family planning, and related topics. Maintained by US Centers for Disease Control.
- Women's Reproductive Health Provides information on all aspects of PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, menopause and breast health. Medical resources as well as health experiences listed.
- FHI 360 FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives with research, education and services in family planning, STDs/HIV and family health.
ReproLine (Reproductive Health Online)
Provides up-to-date reproductive health information. Full-text reference manuals and articles. [English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian]
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 23:04:47 CET (http://reprolineplus.org/)
a non-profit family planning and reproductive health organization working with developing countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 23:04:53 CET (http://www.pathfinder.org/)
RH Reality Check
News, analysis, commentary and information on reproductive health issues.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 23:05:02 CET (https://rewire.news/)