Sites listed here will offer advice to the consumer about health products and services. Information about health and disease belongs in Health/Education/Patient_Education .
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Wellness.com Includes health resources, discussion and news.
- NIH Health Information Gateway to publications and online resources for consumers and professionals.
- Center For Medical Consumers Not for profit, independent organization in the USA, informing and helping to protect members of the public in their encounters with the medical care system.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Protecting Yourself Resource for consumers to help them make better buying decisions when shopping online. Includes information on how to determine if a site is legitimate, how to spot health fraud, and how to report fraudulent sites.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality - AHRQ Provides practical health care information, research findings, and data to help consumers, health providers, health insurers, researchers, and policymakers make informed decisions about health care issues.
- ConsumerLab.com Tests popular nutritional non-prescription supplements to ascertain purity.
- Dietary Supplement Quality Initiative Provides information for consumers about issues affecting the quality of dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, and botanical or herbal products.
- Eyeglass Retailer Reviews Reviews of online eyeglass retailers, including pricing, and BBB ratings.
- Life Dynamix Offers self-help and wellness videos, blogs, and community forum.
- GlassyEyes Dedicated to helping people obtain eyeglasses online. Reviews, consumer ratings, e-mail discussion group.
- GoodRx Compares retail prices of prescription drugs from different pharmacies in the United States. Coupons, discount card. Mobile app. Pill identifier.
- Ask a Patient Provides a database of patients' experiences and opinions of prescription drugs. Also includes opinion polls on health care topics.
Proceed with Caution: A Report on the Quality of Health Information on the Internet
The findings of a large 2001 study that describes and evaluates search engine performance and the quality and readability of health information (in English and Spanish), and provides conclusions and recommendations.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 23:57:25 CET (http://www.chcf.org/publications/2001/05/proceed-with-caution-a-report-on-the-quality-of-health-information-on-the-internet)
Health law, policy and regulatory materials. Organized deep links to US government health care resources.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-11 23:57:26 CET (http://healthcare.findlaw.com/)