The Alcoholic Beverages category focuses on the effects of alcoholic beverages on the human body. Sites appropriate for this category include consumer information, professional information, organizations, services, and personal experiences.Sites not listed in this category:
- Topics focused on public policy issues are listed in Society: Issues: Health: Alcohol.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- AIM Alcohol In Moderation is an organization promoting a sensible and moderate drinking message. Information from scientific researchers, the beverage alcohol industry and associations, on research, health issues and legislation.
- Eurekalert: Light-to-Moderate Drinking Appears to Have Little Effect on the Risk for Breast Cancer A new study in 'Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research' confirms that heavy drinking increases risk for breast cancer, but that light to moderate drinking appears to have little effect on a woman's risk for breast cancer.
- Caloric Values of Alcoholic Beverages From the University of Rochester Health Service. Details the caloric content of popular beer brands, different wine types, distilled liquors, drink mixers, and alcopops.
- Drink Aware Raising awareness about alcohol, health issues, legislation and drinking. Find useful information on binge drinking, hangover remedies and the health effects of alcohol.
BBC News - A daily drink 'only good for men'
Covers research showing that drinking alcohol daily protects against heart disease in men but not in women.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 00:31:42 CET (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5013828.stm)