Find sites listed here that play with language and with words. Includes word games, secret languages, and made-up words.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Lost in Translation Enter a sentence to have it translated from English to five different languages and back. The result is often funny; nothing like the original sentence.
- Mockok.com A large collection of palindromes, focusing on palindromic single sentences (spelling the same forwards and backwards). Submissions welcome.
- NOVA: Decoding Nazi Secrets Crack the ciphers, send a coded message, and find out what goes on in the minds of code-breakers.
- The Nautical Origins for Some Common Expressions Explaining the seafaring origins of some common words, figures of speech, and everyday expressions, like "toe the line" and "scuttlebutt".
- Piece of Pi MadLibs Featuring a collection of madlib stories and poetry.
- Crossword Puzzles for ESL Students A selection of online crossword puzzles sorted by difficulty.