This category contains sites which provide information, tips, guides, and activities to help kids and teens improve writing skills.
Topics include essays and reports, poetry, punctuation, spelling, and handwriting.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Judy Reeves - Writer Includes hints, tips and ideas.
- H.W. Fowler: The King's English Authoritative text on grammar, syntax, punctuation, writing techniques, and style.
- What Makes a Good Story? Interactive exhibit takes visitors on a literary journey through the classic short story and examines the elements that come together to create a good story.
- Great Books Online Includes reference, verse, fiction and non-fiction books. Search by author, title or subject.
- The Five Paragraph Essay Basic information, writing prompts, and examples.
- Paragraph Builder Step-by-step directions for organizing and writing a good paragraph.
- paragraphpunch.com An online writing tutorial; takes students through the actual steps of writing a paragraph online.
- ABC's of the Writing Process Tips for each of the five stages of the writing process.
- Myths, Folktales and Fairy Tales Resource for learning about and writing in these genres.
- Science Fiction Writing Activity Use nonfiction science to create a science fiction story.
- Swords of Writing Pictures, stories, poetry, and a chatroom intended to provide motivation for writing.
- Writing Den Offers resources for students and teachers to improve their English reading, comprehension, and writing skills.
- The Claremont Review Literary Magazine Solicits and publishes teen writings; also offers writing tips and a manuscript/mentor service.
- Kids' Place: English An interactive way of improving written work, with ideas for practice sessions and an explanation of the drafting and revision process.
- The Magic Key Characters from the Oxford Reading Tree offer games and worksheets about writing, grammar and punctuation.
- Exploring English Provides tips, tools, and resources to help improve writing skills. Includes why it's important to write well, the parts of speech, types of sentences, punctuation, spelling, and a downloadable file.
- FactMonster: Writing Skills Offers quick tips on how to write essays, book reports, biographies, research papers, term papers, bibliographies, letters, speeches and more.
- Literary Devices A catalog of literary terms with detailed definition and examples. Great resources for English students to do literary analysis and writing.
- 11 Rules of Writing A concise guide to some of the most frequently violated rules of writing, punctuation, and grammar.