This category is for sites that help English-speaking children and teens learn languages other than English. It is not for sites aimed at foreign language teachers or native speakers of non-English languages.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Say Hello to the World Learn to say "hello" in over 30 different languages, plus find links to resources about the languages, the cultures, and language learning on the Web. From the Internet Public Library.
- Learn to Speak Swahili Translates common words and phrases from English to Swahili. Pronunciation can be heard with the use of RealPlayer.
- Hebrew for Me A collection of interactive, Hebrew mini-lessons from Jewish/Israel sites around the world.
- Little Explorers: Portuguese Dictionary Translations from English to Portuguese with a picture dictionary.
- Bahasa Indonesian Learn basic Bahasa Indonesian, geared toward travelers. Offers 8 lessons with sound samples, a dictionary, and cultural notes.
- Bilingual Vocabulary Quizzes Java quizzes to test your vocabulary in over 20 languages.
- LingoZone Place to learn languages and meet people from all over the world. Uses My Vocabulary, a tool that creates word lists and manages them.
- Learn Dutch Online language course covering vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Dutch for Beginners Introduction to Dutch grammar and vocabulary.
- BBC Languages Interactive lessons and games with sound clips and videos for learning basic phrases in Spanish, French, English, German, and Italian.
- Apples4theteacher Offers games to learn American Sign Language, Gaelic, Polish, and Spanish.
- Some Notes on the Turkish Language and Alphabet An introduction to the pronunciation of useful words and expressions.
- Esperanto Fun way to learn about this invented world language. Includes the rules for nouns, adjectives, and verbs, and contains a vocabulary section. May not work well in all browsers.
- Kiswahili Home Page Learn about this language that is also known as Swahili. Page includes an introduction to the alphabet, vocabulary words, grammar, nouns, and verbs. Also, includes history of this language that is used today by citizens of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- The Lithuanians Learn the alphabet and some words, along with sound files. Also, has stories with voice narration. Includes links to radio, music and genealogy links.
- ASL Browser Learn how to sign common words and phrases by watching video clips. Requires QuickTime to be installed. May not work on all browsers.
- Education Guardian - Language Learning Specially selected articles, written and audio, to broaden vocabulary and grammatical skills while also learning more about each country. French, German, Italian and Spanish.