This category contains web sites which deal with controversial or current issues which are of importance to teenagers.
Topics may include career planning, government and politics, news, religion, sexuality, suicide, and truancy.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- In the Mix The on-line companion to the PBS broadcast. In the mix is a PBS television show dealing with teen issues.
- Youth Alive Programs by and for teens to reduce violence in communities and schools.
- YouthWeb Online Youngsters, teens and adults from diverse backgrounds and communities fight against bias, bigotry and prejudice. Report hate-related incidents, get information about hate crimes, school violence, and human rights issues.
- Stand Up for Student Rights with ISRA Contains essays of members voicing opinions and allows students to come together to solve problems and deal with issues.
- Seeds of Peace Organization that helps teenagers from regions of conflict learn the skills of making peace. Event calendar, news, articles, ways to help, information, and camp opportunities.
- ReportSomeone Allows young people to report violence, illegal activity, sexual abuse and suicide threats anonymously. Includes information, links, statistics and report forms.
- Violence Intervention Project By youth and for youth, this site uses words and images to explore youth violence, including bullying, racism, homophobia and sex discrimination.
- Rock the Vote Dedicated to keeping teens informed about issues affecting their lives. Explains the importance of voting.
- The Pro-Youth Pages Examines ageism directed against youth - from legal age restrictions to stereotypes in pop-culture.
- Victory Over Violence Addresses the alarming escalation of violence and decreasing respect for life.
- Youth Unlimited/Toronto YFC As a Christian agency, we believe in the unlimited potential of youth and are committed to helping them holistically, both personally and spiritually.
- Teaching Tolerance: Mix It Up Program to help teens promote racial tolerance in their schools. Includes FAQs, stories, steps to take, e-newsletter, polls, youth activist groups, and free Mix It Up at Lunch Day starter pack.
- UNICEF - Voices of Youth A forum for the top international issues facing youth today. Allows young people to share their opinions and listen to the stories of others.
- Deal.org Provides a monthly magazine and digital library to help overcome obstacles in personal, family and community life. Includes past issues and a guide to safe web surfing.