Professional organizations for journalists.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- RIAS Berlin Kommission Binational organization for the promotion of German-American understanding in the field of broadcasting. Bilingual site (German and English).
- Azerbaijan Free Speech Foundation Seeking to enlighten journalists and society in freedom of speech. [Azerbaijan, English, Russian]
- International Federation of Journalists Organization that aims to push governments to promote social justice and rights for journalists.
- Reporters Without Borders An organization that struggles for press freedom. News, petitions and membership form.
- Editorial Freelancers Association Search the membership directory by skill, specialty, location, or name. Members include editors, writers, indexers, proofreaders, researchers, desktop publishers, and translators.
- American Society of Newspaper Editors Directing editors of daily newspapers and editors of major sources of news for daily newspapers throughout the Americas are eligible for membership.
- Investigative Reporters and Editors Non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of investigative reporting within the field of journalism.
- Poynter.org Helps journalists do their jobs better and to serve their communities. Updated daily, it provides journalists with reliable information, useful tools, and provocative suggestions.
- Australian Society of Travel Writers - ASTW A non-profit organisation, dedicated to reporting on the travel industry and serving the interests of the travelling public. Information about the ASTW and its Constitution and Code of Ethics, as well as list of members and details about how to join.
- British Guild of Travel Writers Serving professional travel journalists, guidebook writers, photographers, broadcasters and travel editors. View directory, yearbook and calendar.
- American Society of Journalists and Authors Provides a variety of services for nonfiction freelance writers, including market search, conferences, and information on contract negotiations, copyright, intellectual property, and similar issues.
- Society for News Design SND is an international professional organization dedicated to improving design and graphics in newspapers, news magazines and news-related web sites.
- Casey Journalism Center for Children and Families Resource center for journalists who cover the social issues, policies and institutions affecting children and families in America.
- SARTMA (South Atlantic Remote Territories Media Association) Official site of the newspaper association which covers Ascension Island in the North to South Georgia and parts of Antarctica in the South.
- National Union of Journalists (UK and Ireland) Trade union for journalists in UK and Ireland, with information on pay and conditions, legal advice, membership benefits and training.
- Association of Israel Journalists, Haifa and the North Information for Israeli journalists and foreign correspondents, working in Israel. Links and membership listings.
- The Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) A national non-profit advocacy and professional development organization consisting of 1,500 active journalists from all media, including print, radio and television. The association publishes an annual compendium of contacts for journalists and maintains an active listserv. The purpose of the CAJ listserv is to provide a forum for Canadian journalists on issues pertaining to journalism, ethics and media.
- The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press Nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free legal help to reporters and news organizations.
- Center for Media Literacy Promotes media literacy education as a framework for accessing, analyzing, evaluating and creating media content.
- National Federation of Press Women Includes organizational information, news, networking ideas, and member services. A nationwide organization of professional communicators, both women and men, working in any form of the media.
- Native American Journalists Association Details about programs designed to enrich journalism and promote Native cultures. Includes history, profile, events, awards, news, and related links.
- UNITY: Journalists of Color, Inc. A community for minority journalists that seeks to improve minority parcipitation and representation in media.
- Society of Environmental Journalists The organization's aim is to improve the quality, accuracy and visibility of reporting on the environment. Searchable calendar of environmental events and SEJ conferences, issues, jobs, awards and fellowships.
- International Motor Press Association An organization of automotive journalists and public relations professionals.
- Project for Excellence in Journalism and the Committee of Concerned Journalists An initiative by journalists to clarify and raise the standards of American journalism through research and education.
- Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA) Consortium of policy researchers seeking to broaden public discourse by gaining media access for those whose perspectives are commonly drowned out by corporate-backed think tanks and other influential institutions.
- Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) An independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to the global defense of press freedom. Features international news alerts and resources from non-partisan international organization of journalists.
- National Association of Black Journalists Has a mission to strengthen ties among African-American journalists, promote diversity in newsrooms and honor excellence in the media industry.
- South Asian Journalists Association A professional networking group for journalists of South Asian origin based in North America. Organization and membership information, events, and articles.
- Organization of News Ombudsmen An international association of professional journalists who serve as internal watchdogs, monitoring accuracy, fairness and ethical practice for their newspapers and broadcast media.
- Institute for Interactive Journalism An incubator to promote interactive journalism in the 21st century using new media. Promotes innovative journalism through awards.
- Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma A resource based at the University of Washington for students and working journalists seeking current information on the intersection of journalism and trauma.
- Council for the Advancement of Science Writing Organization of journalists and scientists committed to improving the quality of science news reaching the general public. Information about CASW activities, careers in science writing, and grants and fellowships for students.
- International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Dedicated to promoting free, independent press arould the world. Explores journalism ethics and other issues that face the profession.
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Dedicated to promoting high standards in journalism education and research, and to promoting diversity of race and culture in journalism classrooms.
- Public Journalism Network (PJNet) A global professional association of journalists, educators and citizens interested in exploring and strengthening the relationship between journalism and democracy. Charter declaration and weblog.
- Overseas Press Club of America Provides resources, internships, and details of forthcoming social events for journalists throughout the world.
- World Press Institute WPI journalism resources and a four-month fellowship program for international journalists that includes travel throughout the U.S. as well as on-site experiences with media outlets and educational seminars.
- International News Safety Institute Media safety network promoting the provision of safety training, materials and assistance to journalists and media staff. Mission statement and a list of supporting organisations.
- International Food, Wine, and Travel Writers Association - IFWTWA Offers press credentials and other membership services to qualified print, radio and TV broadcasters and photo journalists.
- The World Security Institute's Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting Sponsoring independent reporting of global affairs.
- Lithuanian Journalist Union Lists activities and membership guidelines for journalists, media workers, correspondents and reporters.
- The Robert C. Maynard Institute for Journalism Education Dedicated to training journalists of color and helping the news media reflect the nation's diversity in staffing, content and business operations.
- Euro Correspondent. A network of freelance journalists writing on European, and EU affairs. Members work independently for a range of media.
- Association of Health Care Journalists Independent, non profit organization offering resources, tools and training aimed at improving the quality, accuracy and visibility of health care reporting, writing and editing.
- NECJOGHA: Network of Climate Journalists of the Greater Horn of Africa Seeks to aid in the distribution of climate information and to advance relations between the press, government and public. Constitution, members list, blogs and forum.
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists National organization dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry.
- Foreign Correspondents Association Professional association representing foreign journalists working in Australia and the Pacific.
- Commonwealth Press Union An association whose members are newspapers and news agencies from 49 countries in the Commonwealth. News, issues, membership details, forums, conferences, awards, and contact information.
- IFRA online Idea forum for publishing companies and suppliers to the publishing industry. Conference information, recent publications and newsletters. Also provides training services.
- International Press Association Promotes quality story-telling through photography and writing.
- News Media Association UK organization providing national and local newspaper information, with links to national and regional press websites.
- Online News Association Committed to providing a community for online journalists, and to promoting fairness in online journalism.
- Ethics & Excellence Journalism Foundation Investing in the future of journalism by building the ethics, skills and opportunities needed to advance principled, probing news and information. Provides news, history and grant information.
Newspaper Association of America
Supporting continuity and change in the newspaper industry by focusing on strategic issues such as marketing, public policy, diversity, industry development, and newspaper operations.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:04:42 CET (http://www.newsmediaalliance.org/)
Diageo Africa Business Reporting Awards
Recognise and reward journalists providing high quality coverage of the business environment in Africa. Objective, awards, news and links.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:05:00 CET (http://www.diageo.com)
Inter American Press Association - IAPA
Heavily involved in press freedom issues in North, Central and South American countries. Features releases, organization, member, and contact information.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:05:12 CET (http://www.sipiapa.org/)
Chartered Institute of Journalists
Lists history and services. Group seeks to represent its members' interests in the workplace, promote industry standards, and campaign to protect journalistic freedom.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:05:17 CET (http://www.cioj.org/)
Free Press Unlimited
Dutch foundation which supports independent media in countries in development. Profile, projects and annual report.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:05:41 CET (https://www.freepressunlimited.org//en)