Sites that would be considered useful resources for journalists.
Related categories 8
Loading new listings for you to review...
- JHistory Mailing list on the history of journalism and mass communication. Subscription information, mailing list archive, and web resources.
- Power Reporting Resources and training for journalists, from Bill Dedman. Alert services, bookmarks, newsroom training, search tools, lists of lists and reference books.
- Reporter's Resource The site for web-assisted reporting, with carefully chosen links for journalists, created by a Texas-based reporter.
- Investigative Reporters and Editors IRE is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of investigative reporting within the field of journalism.
- Online Journalism Review The journalist's first stop for Web-based research on stories.
- Poynter Institute Dedicated to teaching and inspiring journalists. Promotes excellence and integrity in the practice of craft and in the practical leadership of successful businesses.
- Insert Text Here Journalism jobs site with media news updates, and useful links for reporters. Also features announcements about upcoming conferences, fellowships and jobs. Compiled by Michelle Nicolosi.
- Internet Resources for Journalists and Broadcasters Resources on journalism and broadcasting from both a Canadian and a world perspective.
- JournalistExpress Customizable portal designed as a web search tool for journalists with categorized links to news and information sources.
- Reporter's Desktop Provides fill-in forms and highly select web resources on a launch pad for journalism work.
- StudentPress.org A resource for high school and college journalists and publications. Home of the National Scholastic Press Association and Associated Collegiate Press.
- National Press Club Official site with information on upcoming events and briefings.
- Reporter Pitch Story idea exchange.
- A Few Free Journalism Lessons Prepared by an ex-editor this site offers the basics, and invites readers to join discussions, suggest topics, recommend books.
- Student Press Law Center Legal information for student journalists and educators in such areas as censorship, libel, copyright, and freedom of information. Links to other resources and internship opportunities.
- Newspaper Editors A place for editors, all media welcome. Just a place for editors, professional, student or both, to chat it up and find journalism links.
- The Freelance Journalist's Mailing List Dedicated to anyone and everyone who freelances in the media field, from copywriters to photographers, short story writers to journalists. The aim of the group is to provide news on writing markets and job opportunities, a critique group and a forum for freelancers.
- JournalismNet Web research and tips for journalists.
- CyberJournalist Technology advances in journalism, tips for finding owners of Internet domains, Census of India, ethics, links.
- NewsWriting.com A resource for creating clear, conversational news scripts that grab viewers' attention and create a lasting impact.
- ResponseSource Enquiry Service For journalists, working on independent editorial. Gather facts, comments and background from hundreds of PRs, UK only.
- UNICEF Press Centre: Tools for Journalists Updated daily by a full-time editor, helps journalists from around the world research and write about children and the issues that concern them.
- QuoteMark.com Free service for UK journalists which puts them in touch with providers of news leads and editorial assistance. Part of the PR Press Network.
- NewsDesk-UK News contacts, internet links and resources, law and ethics updates for UK journalists.
- Internet Information Resources for Australian Journalists Guide to factual or background information, including business, government departments and policies, industrial awards, legislation, reports, statistics, and trade figures and policy, as well as basic reference tools.
- Robert Niles Research List of links arranged by topic especially of interest to journalists and other researchers.
- Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board Journalism and communications-related jobs and employment openings in Canada.
- Assignment Editor One stop information site for television reporters and print journalists to research and find news stories. US based.
- Asian American Journalists Association Nonprofit educational and professional organization with members in journalism across the United States and Asia.
- Resources for Working Journalists A compilation of journalism resources from Karla Tonella, U. of Iowa.
- EnhanceMyWriting.com: Provides links to journalism and writing job sites.
- American Press Institute: The Journalist's Toolbox Resources for reporters, editors and other media professionals. Links arranged by category with recently added topics on home page. Includes a newsletter.
- Journalism and Mass Communication Resources Resources on journalism in general, working journalists' resources, cyberjournalism, diversity in mass communication, media law, news sources, Journalism schools, E-zines; online searching guides, and Journalism jobs. Hosted at the University of Iowa.
- Sources Directory portal for journalists and writers featuring wide range of experts and spokespersons available to speak to the media. Canada.
- NewsCollege A collection of articles providing journalism tips and style advice.
- Topix: Journalism News collected from diverse sources on the web.
- Bob Baker's Newsthinking Articles on news writing by Bob Baker, a deputy metropolitan editor of the Los Angeles Times, based on his series of writing seminars.
- Maynard Institute: Resources Index of resources for journalists on such topics as job opportunities, industry studies and managing diversity.
- Rainbow Sourcebook Directory of experts on a variety of issues.
- Journalism UK A UK-specific compilation of web links for journalists, writers, broadcasters and students with book and web site reviews and links to news sources worldwide, training and job opportunities.
- Nieman Journalism Lab A collaborative effort to figure out the future of journalism. Includes news and an encyclopedia. A project of Harvard University.
- The Kalb Report Video archives, transcripts and post-program Q&As of the annual series of forums on journalism and public policy, moderated by Marvin Kalb at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
- SchoolJournalism.org Presented by the American Society of Newspaper Editors. Has resources for student journalists, teachers, editors of student journalists, and guidance counselors.
- Brown University Writing Center - Journalism Lists references for departments and organizations at Brown, schools of journalism, and unions.
- Peter's Place of Freelance Journalism Professional freelance writing and journalism in Canada and United States. Links for markets and writing articles. Peter D.A. Warwick, webmaster.
- ResponseSource Press Release Wire Press release distribution of news to UK media and journalists. Receive or send press releases.
- National Press Club - Reporters' Resources Annotated, categorized links to resources.
- Quill & Scroll The society sponsors scholarships, writing and photography contests, yearbook contests, in-depth evaluation of student publications, and a quarterly magazine.
- National Amateur Press Association Community to encourage amateur journalism as a hobby.
- J-Source.ca - The Canadian Journalism Project Produced by a collaboration of post-secondary journalism schools and programs led by Ryerson University, Université Laval and Carleton University to promote national discussion about journalism. A source for news, research, commentary, advice and resources for industry professionals, scholars and students.
- The Centre for Investigative Journalism CIJ advances education for, and public understanding of; investigative journalism, critical inquiry, and in-depth reporting and research. London, UK.
- Sean McManus - Journalism Resources Advice on journalism, writing, media and broadcasting careers for freelancers, students and career changers.
- Ashley Kirk Blog covering data journalism, community engagement and multi-platform reporting.
- Expertise Finder Tool for journalists to find an expert. Based in Canada.
The Economist Style Guide
Guide based on the style book given to all journalists at The Economist.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:20:51 CET (http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2011/07/housekeeping-announcement)
The Estlow International Center for Journalism & New Media
Offers new media education opportunities, journalism reference links, blackboards for online discussion and timely news in the subject of new media journalism.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:21:38 CET (http://www.du.edu/ahss/estlowcenter/index.html)