Avenues that support and foster citizen journalism, the act of people "playing an active role in the process of collecting, reporting, analyzing and disseminating news and information". [Quote from We Media: How Audiences are Shaping the Future of News and Information, by Shayne Bowman and Chris Willis].
Loading new listings for you to review...
- MeriNews Platform where citizens can share news and debate general issues. Content tends to focus on events in India.
- OhmyNews International Online newspaper with the motto "every citizen is a reporter". The majority of articles are written by freelance contributors.
- Coastsider News and information covering the San Mateo county communities. Open for readers to post stories, add to the conversation, or ask a question.
- Newsvine Register to add a news story, comment or write a column. Open source, community news service, which lets members customize the news viewed.
- Universal Hub Group of bloggers in Boston write about community news and information.
- Muncie Free Press Publishing citizen and volunteer submitted journalism for East Central Indiana. Includes user guide, blogs, frequently asked questions, and contact form.
- iBrattleboro Alternative information source and community forum for Brattleboro, VT.
- Hypergene MediaBlog Dealing with participatory journalism, and how audiences shape tomorrow's news. Written by media design consultants Chris Willis and Shayne Bowman.
- Backfence.com Citizen journalism site for posting news, information and events. Currently covering California, Illinois, Maryland and Virginia.
- Wikinews:Wikinews needs you! Explains the basics of writing articles for the Wikinews community, how to edit a page, plus links to the newsroom and tips on how to ask for help.
- BrooWaha Project enabling people to write about news events in their U.S. city. Contributors' input ranked according to popularity.
- BMark.it Register to vote and discuss items listed in news directory.
- Sportingo Register and write articles on any sports-related event. Vote, discuss and set the forum's agenda.
- Barefoot Workshops Details about a not-for-profit body offering workshops in documentary film making. Project list and gallery showcases the use of participatory video in the developing world to address issues such as HIV/AIDS, displacement, natural disaster, and youth empowerment.
- MeriNews Find feature news content from a citizen journalist site with a focus on India.
- WickedLocal That’s “wicked” as in “very” – not “witch.” Provides tools for New England communities to write stories, join forums, post events, upload videos and publish pictures.
- WinnipegFIRST Grassroots local news site covering community events in Winnipeg, Canada. Contribute, comment and blog.
- Babblestorm People in the UK sharing items of interest to discuss and rank the latest news items. Create a profile and submit content.
- freshare Resource for news, information, pictures and events relevant to the Ozarks, Missouri.
- mixeye A platform for public journalism. Submit insights and opinions, news and events.
- Publish A Letter .com Send letters to the editor of any English language newspaper in the world. In case the letter is not printed, post the letter also on this site.
- Your Hub Community site to share stories and photos, events, weblog items and classifieds among USA-based neighborhoods.
- Global Voices A focal point for citizens’ media. Providing training, online tutorials, and free open-source tools for people around the world to use safely to express themselves. Offers weblog, wiki, and aggregator of international weblogs.
Accepts video, photos and audio from a computer or cell phone. A compilation of news items submitted by citizen journalism.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-12 11:29:44 CET (http://www.cnn.com/specials/opinions/cnnireport)