Media Watchdog groups are organizations whose mission is to monitor the producers of mainstream news, advertising, and entertainment and to monitor policymaking in the media arena.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) National progressive media watchdog group advocating independence and criticism in journalism, and challenging corporate media bias, spin and misinformation.
- Columbia Journalism Review Publication serving as a watchdog of the press in all its forms.
- Press Complaints Commission Independent organisation monitoring British newspapers and magazines to ensure they adhere to ethical guidelines. Deals with issues such as inaccuracy, privacy, misrepresentation and harassment.
- FactCheck.org - Annenberg Political Fact Check Monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases. Offers email newsletter.
- Center for Media and Democracy A wiki-based investigative journalism collaborative focused on the public relations industry and whistle-blowing manipulative or misleading practices. Contribute to a quarterly investigative journal, the Weekly Spin listserv, donate or draw on newsfeeds.
- Media Watch (ABC TV) A leading forum for Australian media analysis. Summary, news, bungled stories and viewable episodes of the weekly program, plus archive of previous coverage.
- Stats Weblog and articles highlight abuses of science and statistics regarding policy issues.
- Adbusters Foundation with goal of changing the way society and the mass media interact.
- Project Censored Locating stories about significant issues of which the public should be aware, but is not, for one reason or another.
- Accuracy in Media Conservative watchdog group for fairness, balance and accuracy in news reporting.
- News Hounds Volunteer watchdog group focused on FOX News. Includes blog, video, newsletter, forum and how to support.
- MediaChannel.org Nonprofit site dedicated to the political, social, and cultural impacts of the media.
- Media Watch Organization focusing on media literacy and the challenging of stereotypes commonly found in the media.
- Media Monitors Network Grass roots watchdog of media coverage which seeks to uncover journalistic and media bias and provide contrary information and opinions.
- Tyndall Report Monitoring the American television networks' weekday nightly newscasts.
- Global Media Monitoring Project A twice-a-decade study of the media’s news coverage to be undertaken worldwide with the aim of documenting the participation and portrayal of men and women in the world’s news media.
- Media Matters for America A non-profit progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media. Founded by David Brock.
- ConWebWatch From Terry Krepel, a watchdog of conservative Internet news sources. About the site, criticism, reader letters, archives, links and books for sale.
- iMediaEthics Publishes news and investigative reports of factual errors and ethical breaches by media outlets. The Art Science Research Laboratory encourages the media’s use of scientific methods and experts before publication.
- Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity Identifies, trains and supports journalists working to detect and expose government corruption and incompetence, supporting transparency, accountability and fiscal responsibility.
- NPR - On the Media Official site of the weekly one-hour National Public Radio program devoted to media criticism and analysis.