Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Antique Roman Dishes- Collection Native Roman Ingredients and conversions, as well as recipes.
- Sushi History Chronology, origin and genealogy of sushi in Japan are concisely overviewed by a table and chart.
- Agropolis Museum A science center dealing with topics such as food, nutrition, agriculture, with a historical approach on a worldwide scale.
- Medieval/Renaissance Food Homepage Articles, recipes, and summaries of books about Renaissance and Medieval cooking.
- Cindy Renfrow Author of transcription/redaction of several fifteenth century European cookbooks. Food links.
- The Burgoo Page Burgoo history and information. What is it? Where to get it? Who eats it?
- Food History News A Web site for the quarterly publication Food History News, a newsletter dedicated to the history of food in North America (and occasionally elsewhere).
- Potato! A short history of the potato with recipes, cultivation instructions, safety notes, a wine recipe, links and a bulletin board
- The Gallery of Regrettable Food Humorous articles satirizing cookbooks and food ads from the '30s through the '60s, including Meat! Meat! Meat! and The Unbearable Sadness of Vegetables.
- A Chaucerian Cookery An examination of the foods found in the writings of the English poet Geoffrey Chaucer. Included is A Chaucerian Feast, which contains recipes and instructions for presenting a feast based on Chaucer.
- foodhistory.com Food history publications by Patricia B. Mitchell. Documented anecdotal and written American traditions: colonial, Victorian, Civil War, ethnic, and Southern regional.
- Tips on Tables Vintage reviews of famous nightclubs and restaurants, mostly from the New York City area, viewed here for the first time since they were published in the 1940s and 50s.
- The Stewpot Period Culinary Guild An unofficial guild dedicated to the practice and promotion of pre-seventeenth century cookery in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
- Not by Bread Alone: America's Culinary Heritage An exhibit from the Cornell University Library. Includes information on early cookery books, food nutrition and science, kitchen technology, and food processing.
- The A - Z of Exotic Foods A dictionary of herbs, spices, and foods giving their historical, magical and medicinal qualities.
- Medieval Cookery Recipes, information, and notes about cooking in medieval Europe.
- History of the Baby Feeding Bottle Photographs and drawings of bottles and feeding utensils, descriptions of their use and their place and impact in society.
- Symbolism of the Pineapple A brief history of how the pineapple has served as both a food and a symbol throughout the human history of the Americas.
- The Food Museum Educational museum about everyone's favorite subject, food. All about potatoes, rice, figs. Programs and curriculum for schools.
- Culinary Events Calendar A calendar of food-related historical events, anniversaries and discoveries. Overview of the month and day by day listings.
- When did it Happen? Restaurant franchise timeline from 1916 to 1999, compiled by Dacy Nottingham. Includes links to franchise sites.
- Did You Bring Bottles? A tour of American supermarket history and architecture from the 1920s through today. Historical photographs, maps, area histories.
- Ken Albala's Food Rant A food historian's blog in which he comments on and tries recipes, old and new, from across the globe.
- Rachel Laudan A food historian's commentary on current culinary events and their historical significance.
- LacusCurtius • Apicius — De Re Coquinaria An excellent, annotated English translation of the classic Roman cookbook "De Re Coquinaria," attributed to Apicius.
- Food History Jottings Blog of a historian of (mainly British and Italian) food culture, written by a professional chef and confectioner. Excellent historical images.
- The Potato Museum The online site for the non-profit Potato Museum celebrates the potato and provides information for educators.
- Lunch Hour NYC | The New York Public Library An exhibition at the NY Public Library all about the history of the fast-paced NY lunch.
- liquor is quicker A food scientist's blog about the history of drink (and drinks) in America.
- Glossary : Prospect Books An exhaustive glossary of cookery terminology from transcripts of English cookery texts of the17th and 18th centuries.
- A More Recent History of the Ice Cream Cone IceCreamJunkies.Com is a website with news on the latest history of the ice cream cone, as well as old-fashioned recipes and trivia on the dessert.
- The English Breakfast Society Dedicated to the history and heritage of the traditional English breakfast.
- Food, Culture and Society: An International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research The official journal of the Association for the Study of Food and Society (ASFS).
Leite's Culinaria, Inc: Dining Through the Decades
A detailed recap of the food, trends and chefs of the 20th century. Recipes included.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-13 09:31:40 CET (http://leitesculinaria.com/10348/writings-dining-through-the-decades-american-food-history.html)
The 10 Greatest Hits in American Fast Food History | Photo Gallery
Images and short histories of Americans’ ten favorite fast foods.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-13 09:31:57 CET (https://www.yahoo.com/gma/photos/10-greatest-hits-american-fast-slideshow/-photo-2412318-204700945.html)