Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Slow Food Canada A national eco-gastronomic organization founded to counteract fast food and fast life and the disappearance of local food traditions. Information about membership, events and local groups.
- Slow Food International movement opposing fast food, and promoting protecting the heritage, traditions and culture of food. Newsletter, events, and membership information.
- National Farmers' Retail & Markets Association (FARMA) A co-operative of farmers, producers selling on a local scale, and farmers' markets organisers; includes links to farmers' markets and farm shops, news, resources, and details of membership.
- Slow Food USA Describes their programs, upcoming events, links to chapters, and a blog.
- Wikipedia: Slow Food Hyperlinked article about the international development of the Slow Food movement, its objectives and impact.
- Slow Food in the United Kingdom Movement which promotes the enjoyment and protection of locally-produced food products and regional cooking. News items, upcoming events, and links to other slow food groups.
- Slowfood Ireland Lists upcoming events, their projects, pictures, Irish recipes and vendors, and membership details.
- Slow Food Piedmont Triad A group that promotes the slow food movement in the triad metro area in North Carolina, United States. Lists upcoming events, how to get involved, membership details, and related links.
- Wikipedia: Slow Movement Describes the movement's purpose and history and lists related links.
- Cittaslow UK An international network of small towns working to preserve their local environment by promoting less frantic lifestyles, local goods and services, and the individuality of their towns. Describes how they work, how to join, news items, and related links.
- Carl Honoré: In Praise of Slowness Describes the intent, origin, and the benefits of the slow movement. Contains short reviews of various books on the slow movement and images of his book covers.
- Terra Madre Biennial conference where food communities, cooks, and academics work to promote sustainable, small-scale, and traditional food production.
- RAFT Alliance (Renewing America's Food Traditions) Partnership aiming to maintain the food diversity of North America. Information about activities, resource listings, and how to get involved.
- The Slow Food Foundation for Biodiversity Promotes and funds projects to preserve "heritage" crops and livestock strains as elements of traditional foodways.