Carpooling (also known as ride-sharing, lift-sharing and covoiturage), is the sharing of car journeys so that more than one person travels in a car. By having more people using one vehicle, carpooling reduces each person's travel costs such as fuel costs, tolls, and the stress of driving. Carpooling is also seen as a more environmentally friendly and sustainable way to travel as sharing journeys reduces carbon emissions, traffic congestion on the roads, and the need for parking spaces. Authorities often encourage carpooling, especially during high pollution periods and high fuel prices.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Roadsharing A meeting point for people that want to reduce travel costs and pollution. Portal with a search engine based on Google maps.
- eRideShare Ride sharing and carpool board. Travel and commuting databases arranged by country and state.
- CarPoolWorld Matches commuters based on proximity to home and work. Worldwide.
- Freewheelers Lift sharing database connecting drivers and passengers to share the cost of travel to work, festivals, gigs and sporting events.
- AlterNetRides Free service nationwide that matches up commuters. Includes links to other resources.
- Ridester Feedback-rated system for one-time travel.
- GishiGo Matches travellers for one-time trips.
- Transportation Research Board: Flexible Carpooling to Transit Stations Explores a flexible carpooling service designed to increase carpooling to transit stations.
- Composition of Vehicle Occupancy for Journey to Work Trips Research paper addressing the gaps in scientific literature by identifying individual, household and physical environment characteristics that correlate with an individual’s choice to rideshare instead of drive alone.
- Who Chooses to Carpool and Why? A scientific examination of Texas carpoolers.
- Not Driving Alone: Commuting in the Twenty-First Century A scientific investigation of recent commuting trends in American workers and both traditional economic determinants as well as socio-economic factors influencing their decision to carpool.
- MIT "Real-Time" Rideshare Research Information collected and presented by a group of transportation researchers in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering studying the existing challenges and the opportunities to increase ridesharing participation.
- Carpool King Free carpool and rideshare matching.
- iCarpool Online service and phone app to search for either daily or long distance commute.
- Share your Ride Free carpool and ride share service. Offer your roadtrips for free, find drivers and passengers.
- Pool My Car Carpooling partner search in India.
- GoCarShare A service is built around Facebook and helps you share car journeys with your extended social network.
- CoMosey Carpool listings, maps and groups.
- Find Carpool Mainly Canadian carpool listings.
- SpaceShare A service for event planners that facilitates ride- and taxi-shares among large event attendees.
- Samferda Carpooling partner search in Iceland. No registration required.
- Uber The largest ridesharing company in the world, with a presence in over 300 cities across the globe.
- Jayride Australian carpool search listing service.
- UberPeople This is the largest forum for Uber drivers on the internet.
- Lyft The second largest ridesharing company in the world, with its primary presence in the United States of America.
- Blablacar Long distance rideshare company for city-to-city car journeys.
- Kommen A rideshare mobile application that enables Uber passengers schedule rides for later.
- Online Ride Share Vancouver and British Columbia's online ride-share, carpool and van-pool service.
- Faxi Allows anyone to set up their own closed commuter carpooling groups.
- Amovens A website for listing carpools and private car rentals in the UK and Spain.
- Grab Ride-hailing platform with a focus on Southeast Asia
- Uberkit.net Paid product information site for people that want to grow their Uber business or fleet of Uber cars.
- CovEvent Covevent is a carpooling platform for event organizers that need to get rides for their event participants.
The online service helping one find travelling companions.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-15 16:27:26 CET (https://www.liftshare.com/uk/)