Institutions which contain records which are primary sources for the artistic culture of mankind or some section thereof.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Archives of African American Music and Culture Includes oral histories, photographs, musical and print manuscripts, audio and video recordings, and educational broadcast programs, at Indiana University in Bloomington.
- Chicago Jazz Archive Collection of sheet music, recordings, photographs and stock arrangements, focusing on "Chicago style" jazz. Part of the University of Chicago's Regenstein Library.
- Shubert Archive Documents the business and artistic records of the theater-owning Shubert Brothers and the Shubert Organization, held by the Shubert Foundation at the Lyceum Theatre, New York City.
- Archive of Contemporary Music America's largest collection of poular recordings with over 1.6 million discs. A research facility providing information on all aspects of popular music.
- Mukul Dey Archives A private archive at Santiniketan, West Bengal, India, of the work, collection and papers of pioneer Indian graphic artist Mukul Dey. Biography, gallery, details of access.
- American Comedy Archives Archives held at Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts, containing primary source material on the history, craft, and art of comedy. Features oral history interviews with comedy writers, producers, and performers.
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution World's largest primary source collection of the visual arts in America, with millions of items.
- Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research Houses a large collection of materials relating to film, theater, radio and television in the United States. Located in Madison, WI.
- The British Cartoon Archive Research centre and picture library located in the Templeman Library at the University of Kent: galleries, location information, services offered, contact details, scale of charges and publications.