Sites found in this category will generally be alphabetized listings of English that is not considered to be standard. This means that the language is free from the grammar and spelling restrictions of mainstream English and has been shaped by the idiosyncrasies of a particular culture or group of people.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Urban Dictionary A searchable archive of contemporary American slang, listed in alphabetical order. Allows its users to create definitions for slang words and phrases and submit them for publication. Includes a "Word of the Day" section, chat features and live minute-by-minute site update logs.
- PseudoDictionary Covers slang, made up words, "webspeak", colloquialisms and accepts contributions for new entries.
- Carleton County Colloquialisms Dictionary of the colloquial language of Carleton County, New Brunswick, Canada and Aroostook County, Maine, USA. Audio clips accompany each entry.
- A Dictionary of Slang English slang and colloquialisms currently used in the United Kingdom. Includes definitions, a part of speech listing and an example sentence for each term.
- Businessballs.com - Cockney Rhyming Slang Origins, derivations and dictionary translations of the slang used by inhabitants of the East End district of London, England.
- The Online Slang Dictionary A global dictionary of English slang compiled from user submissions. Includes a slang thesaurus and word lists browsable by letter.
- A Dictionary of Old Hobo Slang A searchable compilation of slang used by vagrants and migratory workers, listed in alphabetical order.
- The Septic's Companion A dictionary of British slang, viewable alphabetically or by category.
- Twittonary Dictionary A dictionary of Twitter words submitted by tweeters.
- idioMeanings Online English idiom dictionary.
- Idioms English idioms and slang with their meaning, examples and origin.
- Slangit.com Definitions of acronyms, abbreviations, and emoticons used in online chat and text messaging.
- A Way With Words: Double-Tongued Dictionary An index of words from the fringes of English, including jargon, slang, and loan words. Includes analysis of new words, and modern connotations of words with old denotations.
- English Slang List A list of popular English Slang by EslCafe.
- Definition of Slang Slang translation, English dictionary definition of slang.
- New Zealand Slang List of New Zealand slang created from a mixture of Moari and modified English words.
- SlangHub.com Compilation of popular slang terms and acronyms used on social networking sites. Includes definitions and usage.
- TV Slang This site allows for submitting slang, terms, phrases and sayings from television shows and movies and allows for browsing television slang as well.
- Know Your Phrase Common phrases and idioms with their meanings and origins. Learn definitions and some history about popular sayings used every day.
- Historical Dictionary of American Slang This is the only searchable dictionary of American slang that provides the decade in which the word first appeared.
- Lingomash Dictionary of contemporary slang and English words comparison.
- Chat Vocab A mobile-friendly dictionary of acronyms and vocabulary frequently used in chat rooms and text messaging.
Southern Slang Dictionary
Colloquial American words and expressions originating specifically from Arkansas. Notes part of speech and includes example sentences. Sorted alphabetically.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-15 17:20:01 CET (https://www.tripsavvy.com/southern-slang-dictionary-2211844)